2009 Four Wheel Campers "Overland Models"

Nice...

Any chances that some of the options might spill over into a Grandby? I know I'd dig a Grandby with tan canvas. Nice job:thumb:

Nice article and all but I didn't care for this part:

Tom: There are standard upgrades and there are model specific upgrades. Model specific upgrades are not going to go into a production model, no matter how much you ask. The Overland features will be available for the Eagle, Hawk, and Granby.

I don't readily agree with keeping some options to the "special" model only and such just to keep an elite model differentiated, seems kinda snobbish to me. If the options are physically able to be put in whatever rig then good customer service would be to build the rig to order and charge accordingly for the options the person wanted rather than having someone either not get the options they want or trying to trap them into more options than they'd want otherwise. :( Just my $.02. But obviously its not my company/marketing choice, just some outsider feedback.

Nice article and all but I didn't care for this part:

I don't readily agree with keeping some options to the "special" model only and such just to keep an elite model differentiated, seems kinda snobbish to me. If the options are physically able to be put in whatever rig then good customer service would be to build the rig to order and charge accordingly for the options the person wanted rather than having someone either not get the options they want or trying to trap them into more options than they'd want otherwise. :( Just my $.02. But obviously its not my company/marketing choice, just some outsider feedback.

I agree the wording could have been a little better... I don't think the intent was to be snobbish in anyway though. I would venture to guess that it is just a matter of the physical limitations of the standard model's space vs. the overland model's space. The extra 6 inches allowed them to offer a different configuration than the standard model could accommodate... ie the hot water heater etc.

I agree the wording could have been a little better... I don't think the intent was to be snobbish in anyway though. I would venture to guess that it is just a matter of the physical limitations of the standard model's space vs. the overland model's space. The extra 6 inches allowed them to offer a different configuration than the standard model could accommodate... ie the hot water heater etc.

That stuff would make sense. But if things like the radiused door and double pane windows, etc. would fit in a standard rig I'd see no reason not to put them in (and charge accordingly) if a customer wanted them. Maybe I misread it but it sounded like some of these were going to be held out like a carrot. However if I misinterpreted things I'll gladly eat some crow (can you BBQ crow?). :D

options

One suggestion for an option on the short overhang models would be a
replacement for the nearly worthless plastic faucet that came on my '08 Hawk.
I replaced mine with a brass marine fold down model from ShurFlo. It
would have been nice to get something like that from the factory. That's
the only complaint I have with the camper.

I agree they should be using shurflo pumps and faucets in all their units, overland or not. I just don't get the cheap crappy faucets at all. They have no place in any quality camper, FWC or otherwise.

Too Much

Is it just me or does 28,000 dollars for a slide in camper seem excessive?
Most of these options should already be on the current FWC models imo. Note to FWC: When your charging more for your campers then half the cost of a brand new truck, people wont buy it. But I hope they integrate many of these changes in their current models that are in need of updating.

I don't think it's excessive, just the "best." It's hand built with pretty much the best components available today. Is it practical? Not for most people. Then again, niether is a $300K Lamborghini.

Back
Top Bottom