Update Awning for Hawk

That's awesome. I definitely don't have the ability to fab anything so good to know about that Ironman bracket, seems pretty straight forward.

Good intel on the back wall zipper, doesn't look like the Ironman shower tent (currently 50% off right now) has one of those, at least from what I could tell on their page and youtube vids. Makes it easier to just pull the trigger on the KA one, warm air while showing sounds like a nice little bonus.

Cpt Davenport said:
We went with a product from KICKASS (silly name, great products). We needed to save on weight and this awning is only 24lbs and at a cost of only $199 (free delivery) we gave it a shot. Been using it now for over a year and it has kept us dry in the rain and shaded from the sun. It is easily deployed with one person, packing it back up is a snap and it has a dimmable led light in the track. We also have their shower enclosure mounted to the other side which has been working great as well. The foldable floor is also awesome so you are not standing in the mud when you shower.

Price and weight comparison:

Faima awning: $1,575 @ 45lbs

Wraparound (bat wing) awning: $2,695 @ 58lbs

Lots of options out there, just need to pick one that fits your application and your budget. If I didn't mind the weight or the price, the wraparound sure is slick.

After working thru the options for awnings, we decided to try the Moonshade as a temporary fix until we settled on a more permanent option. Fast forward, the Moonshade is our permanent choice. The issue with a fixed awning is sometimes the camping space. Need shade over the fridge area? Need it over the rear instead of the side? This works great! Sets up and takes down very quickly. Domed, so that the awning doesnt collect rain water and turn into a swimming pool. Works perfect for us. Here is a link we did for the awning:

https://moonfab.com/pages/experts/george-and-arlene-duncan

There are several mounting options, as well as the ability to come up with your own mounting choices. One friend simply attaches it to the jack mounts. We have the smooth side camper, and while the stock suction cup mounts worked good, but we ended up going with seasucker cups as they are impossible to pull loose.

https://moonfab.com/products/seasucker-4-5-seasucker-suction-cups

craig333 said:
Not a bad option. Seems reasonably priced too.
It is reasonably priced, and the build quality really very very good. My first impression when I got it was how well it was constructed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom