Truck&Camper Cover

CPT Davenport

El Pescador
I plan on keeping the fwc on my truck most of the time. I would like to find a cover for the truck and the camper.

Silverado Double cab with a Hawk

Been looking at old threads on the subject and not finding any solid solution. Just wondering if anything has come up in recent years. I know I could just tarp it all, but would rather get a cover that at least kinda fits.

Search for “camco truck camper covers” or “camco rv covers”.They may have something that works.

Alternatively, you might talk to some boat bimini top makers. They are used to making custom covers.

Paul

I have definitely thought of having my boat canvas guy make a bomber cover, but I just like the light weight "camco" kind better than canvas. I use ones from ADCO for several other toys and they are awesome. Only last a couple years but they are not that expensive and my stuff always looks great when I pull them off.

I was just hoping that someone had a model number and experience with one that fits a similar rig as mine.

Can't help you with a complete cover for both the truck & camper but. . . .

I got this one for just the camper. Its for a pop up tent trailer. It works perfect for covering the entire camper when on the truck.

LINKY

For my cab, I got one from Covercraft. I got one that's called a "cab cooler" It just covers the cab. The hood, front fenders and doors are still open.

LINKY

I use it when camping also. Shades the cab and provides some privacy so people can't see in through the windshield into the camper.

Its easier to use instead of drawing the curtains on the front window and, it still allows some light in.

I like it Mark! So you just tuck the extra fabric from the popup cover in between the cab over section and the cab roof?

The Cab Cooler would be awesome when camping! Keeping looky loos from eye ball'n your stuff in the truck when you're off fish'n away from base camp.

covercraft-polycotton-cab-area-truck-cover_cc-ccpn_gray_main1.jpg

Cpt Davenport said:
I like it Mark! So you just tuck the extra fabric from the popup cover in between the cab over section and the cab roof?

The Cab Cooler would be awesome when camping! Keeping looky loos from eye ball'n your stuff in the truck when you're off fish'n away from base camp.
Yes. The extra fabric in front just lays on the top of the cab.

I'm giving this a try now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005T4VD0S?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Not ideal by any means but it does work. it fits the length perfectly but the shape in the front is designed for another type of vehicle. It is a little long on the drape but I like that it goes all the way to the ground. Has zippers in the back for loading access. I run this brand on other assets and they last about a year. They do really keep the grime at bay, and when I take it off I have a nice clean rig to drive away with. I'm right on the coast, the dust and sand kicked up by the heavy winds makes a mess of things in just a couple days when mixed with the wet fog.

Attachments

• IMG_1773.jpg
    IMG_1773.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1775.jpg
    IMG_1775.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1777.jpg
    IMG_1777.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 75
PaulT said:
Search for “camco truck camper covers” or “camco rv covers”.They may have something that works.

Alternatively, you might talk to some boat bimini top makers. They are used to making custom covers.

Paul
I’m another vote for a boat canvas maker.

I have a loyal canvas guy that I have used for many years. He knows of the project and is on standby for me to pull the trigger. I just keep adding solar panels, surf racks, wind deflectors, bike racks and fuel cans. I have decided to camp in the new rig for a while and dial in what I need and where it will go. Once I think I'm done, I will have hime go for it. I have found it critical to have extra backing sewn in over protruding additions to keep the canvas safe from sharp edges. This thing will get me by until then. I must say that I’m wondering if the sunbrella canvas will breathe enough when covering the whole rig. May put some vents in when it gets made.

Back
Top Bottom