New thermal pack: quilted with lower window covers

Defulmmt said:
I’m plan to add Thinsulate.
Having just bought the older pack one year ago... and it helped ... it seems minimal and would like to add Thinsulate if possible (and it isn't insanely difficult). So any info on your ideas on process appreciated! (Are the two layers separate to slide the Thinsulate into?)

lprdshrk said:
What do you think about using this material to fabricate an insulated thermal pack? Using the design from previous posts.
https://www.seattlefabrics.com/60-Black-Diamond-Prequilted-Insulation-8-Ounce-Batting-1795-linear-yard-_p_154.html
The black color would be a no-go for me.

I use blankets purchased at thrift store. Cut and sewed to drape down the outside wall as far as possible. No flaps for windows but those could be easily added.

I used pink Foamular blocks for a couple of years but they have to be put up and taken down with the top. Still use them for the windows.

I agree with seeing in your own new backup layer like wool or synthetic. Probably $100 in seamstress labor plus material.

I’m annoyed that I missed the “under bed storage option” by a year. I wonder if my resale value just went down?

Back
Top Bottom