Widening Ranger/Eagle jack stance for F-150

patrickkidd

I am trying to move my 1993 Ranger 2 (same profile as the Eagle) from my Tacoma to my new F-150. I'm selling the Tacoma. Does anyone know of a way to mount the jacks wider? Not to be greedy but the addition of a quick-release mechanism would be ideal.

It's a 2017 F-150 6.5' bed.

See attached photos of current setup.

IMG_6971.jpegIMG_6970.jpegIMG_6969.jpeg

I have a Eagle that is on a full size truck now.. I made some "extenders" out of 1/4 steel plate to clear the bed like Sagebrush said.. It appeared to really stress the frame of the camper. Took everything out of the camper to reduce weight batteries, camp gear, water, etc. I wouldn't want to do this very often.

bteam said:
I have a Eagle that is on a full size truck now.. I made some "extenders" out of 1/4 steel plate to clear the bed like Sagebrush said.. It appeared to really stress the frame of the camper. Took everything out of the camper to reduce weight batteries, camp gear, water, etc. I wouldn't want to do this very often.
Exactly what about it seemed to stress the frame? Was the that the leverage on the vertical aluminum corner frame members created by moving the jacks further from the center of the camper? Or something else? Having trouble visualizing what would cause the stress.

I would imagine the stress observed would be side to side flexing. One hopes the screws holding the bracket to the camper corner structure is strong enough to tolerant the added forces. For occasional loading, I would think it will be fine unless you raise the front or back to crazy angles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom