lift panel measurements--please help

truckeecamper

I am replacing the wood lift panels on my mid 80's fleet. I aonly have the origianl long board so I dont know how long the shorter board that goes to the ceiling is.

When folded in 1/2 should the short board be the same length as the lower 1/2 of the long board (form the hinge to base)? So if my long board has a hinge at 12 1/2 inches from the bottom, should the top board aslo be 12/1/2 inches long?
Thanks in advance--just need someone who has a functional camper to measure thiers!

Are you replacing both ends ?

(front & back) ?

Can you measure the other one in the camper ?

(ex: back panel is bad, front is good, then measure the good one)

There have been so many different sized panels it is hard to come up with a good measurement.

And when the campers get older like yours, the vinyl pop-up can dry out and shrink over the years.

If your new panel is "off" by much, you will have a loose side liner when it is popped up, or it will be so tight the folding panel won't fold all the way up (too tight).

You can try Terry in our service dept.

He might (might?) be able to help.

FWC SERVICE

ASK FOR TERRY

1-800-242-1442

When I made a front for mine it was a mirror image of the rear. So you can use that as a pattern. The point Stan made about shrinkage is one to consider. When i went to put mine in we had a bear of a time stretching it out. It ended up pulling out at the bottom. I could have easily made it 1/2 inch or more shorter.

Back
Top Bottom