1967 Alaskan Camper

Big Banger

Hello,
I'm Mat, from British Columbia, Canada. I just bought my first Alaskan Camper, a 1967 8ft. NCO model and I am very impressed with it. I have been looking for a vintage camper for awhile now, considered many different makes and have to say I am now hooked on the Alaskan's. I am going to use it when I go hunting, fishing, camping etc. and will load it on my 1968 International Travelette Campermobile when I go to vintage truck shows out of town.

P1020812.jpg

The International came out of an estate in Colfax, WA., it has 47,000 original miles on it.

LeftSide.jpg

What about the camper?! I'm thinking that is in almost perfect condition. Maybe its pink inside, I don't know, but outside it is impressive.

Thanks guys. I had been looking for a 4 door long bed International for a l~o~n~g time, finding a Campermobile ( Camper Special ) was a bonus. There was a 1969 Bell 10 1/2ft camper included in the estate that still had the plastic covers on the upholstery and the knobs on the cabinets, it had never been used, someone else beat me to it.

The Alaskan Camper is very nice, everything works well, it was stored indoors for years. Unfortunately there are about a million little dents on the roof from a hail storm. Everything is original except the cushions have been recovered. It wouldn't slide straight into the Dodge because of a porta-potti storage compartment on the right rear corner, I removed it so it fits nice now. The International has a 4ft wide tailgate so it had to be removed to fit it as well.

Mat

The curtains are apparently original. The people I bought it from added the white trim to cover up some staining in the wood, I looked behind it and it isn't bad at all. The thermometer and other curtains are attached to self adhesive velcro.
Mat

P1020918.jpg

P1020922.jpg

P1020924.jpg

P1020932.jpg

Very nice condition....someone took great care of it...if you ever find some obscure reason for painting it...those little hail dents are filled nicely with an auto "sanding" primer. It fills little scratches and dents, you just have to sand it smooth ;)

Nice combination with the International....Alaskan sold some 10 foot specials with International crew cab utility bodies....It should look just like off the showroom floor

That is a good idea, I think I will eventually do that. There is a '67 or '68 International with low miles back east with a utility bed and 10ft Alaskan, I will try to find it and post a picture.

Thanks,
Mat

Rusty,

I bought this 67 International Campermobile from Los Gatos last year, it had an Avion camper on it for years. It is the only IH of that era that I have seen with front and rear sway bars. The truck also had IH a/c and tinted glass. I sold it to a good friend of mine in Claremont, Ca. after I bought the Travelette. He is looking for a vintage camper for it now.
Mat

67LF.jpg

Thanks Banderswipe.

I have been looking for some vintage camping gear and found this 1968 Weber Imperial Sequoia bbq on craigslist within 10 minutes of my home so I had to have it too.

P1030082-1.jpg

Mat

I bought this Alaskan Camper Club plaque today,

IMG_0312.jpg

Here is my 68 International and 67 Alaskan Camper,

IMG_0060.jpg

Back
Top Bottom