Ordering Soon!

An ez up is easy to move around but I like stuff built in. Its one more thing not to have to toss inside.

For the shower I've been amazed how little water I use. I take long showers at home and I don't particularly try to conserve using the camper shower but I find I use only a couple gallons. I woudn't say the water heater is complicated but it does take up valuable space. It doesn't get used every trip but it sure is nice after driving the Jeep around on dusty roads.

I probably won't get (or build) an arctic pac till I have a lot more time to spend traveling. For the times I'm in the cold now running the heater does just fine.

I have an awning and use it, but not as much as I thought I would. Awnings are nice, but not essential.

Although a homemade arctic pack will save you some bucks, the nice thing about the FWC version is that it can stay in place when you lower the top and you can still use the windows in the vinyl. I leave mine on year-round. You might be able to do the same with a homemade version if you are handy with needle and thread, and find the right material, but if you use Reflectix, you'll have to remove and store it every time you lower the top.

This awning can be made for less than $100 and it works great.
Copy of Cougar Awning 2.JPG

More pix here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayaronowcampersales/

I have an awning and use it, but not as much as I thought I would. Awnings are nice, but not essential.

Although a homemade arctic pack will save you some bucks, the nice thing about the FWC version is that it can stay in place when you lower the top and you can still use the windows in the vinyl. I leave mine on year-round. You might be able to do the same with a homemade version if you are handy with needle and thread, and find the right material, but if you use Reflectix, you'll have to remove and store it every time you lower the top.

Highz does the arctic pack keep condensation from forming on the vinyl ?

Frank

1. Aluminum Siding or Fiberglass.
Aluminum for ease of repair.

2. Outside Shower or not.
Shower was a must have for me.

3. Rollover Couch or Dinette.
Dinette.

4. Is the Awning worth it.
Yes.

5. Arctic Pack
Must have...leave it on all the time.

6. Rear Window (Not sure if this an option with the Hawk.
Yes.

Highz does the arctic pack keep condensation from forming on the vinyl ?

Frank

I have had little to no condensation on the vinyl, but that may be because I mostly camp in dry climates. I can't really say if the arctic pack helps with condensation, I'm afraid. It should...

What is the factory arctic pack made from?

I was under the impression that it needed to be removed and stored before the camper could be lowered, but if it can stay on full time that is a good thought. Is there an insulation cover over the windows?

I was under the impression that it needed to be removed and stored before the camper could be lowered, but if it can stay on full time that is a good thought. Is there an insulation cover over the windows?

The Arctic Pack stays on all the time....and the camper folds down with it and all of the bedding/pillows in place. I love that part.

What is the factory arctic pack made from?

As leadsled says, it can stay on full time. It has flaps (made of the same insulating material) over the windows that secure with velcro. There are also access holes for the bungee cords to connect to the D-rings on the vinyl.

Hadley, I don't offhand know what the material is - maybe Stan can inform us. It is a grey synthetic with some thickness and a pattern that creates a lot of little air spaces. I suspect that some of the insulation ability is just by it creating a bit of dead air space.

Back
Top Bottom