Expedition Vehicles For Rent (Colorado)

Stan@FourWheel

Expedition Vehicles now for Rent in Colorado

Have you ever wanted to rent a Four Wheel Pop-up Camper?

Maybe try before you buy?

What about a Sportsmobile ?

A Landcruiser?

A Jeep JK?

There is now a company located in Colorado that is renting these vehicles for Exploring and Overlanding.

Their shop is based out of Durango, Colorado.

Check out their website at ... http://www.tontotrails.com

Tonto Trails LLC

email : info@tontotrails.com

Telephone: 970 403 5865

Durango, CO

They seem like a really nice couple to work with.

Just thought I would post their information for anyone that might be interested.

:)

I don't know. I've thought about dragging my Jeep to Colorado. It makes more sense to rent one though. However, if I rented a nice fairly new JK I might be tempted to get a new Jeep.

If you are looking to try before you buy, or just rent one for a day or two, the rates will be high.

:(

But for people that want to do a once in a lifetime trip, the rates are pretty reasonable for an expedition ready vehicle.

It is a specialty item.

If I was going to get my truck ready for an off road journey, go out and buy new tires, get a locker for the front, add a winch, tune up the truck, etc., I might be spending the same amount just to prep my truck.

They probably have $150,000K (or more) in the cost of their fleet of vehicles right now.

I think they have a good niche market, especially for International travelers that want to come visit just for a couple weeks.

You are paying for the ease and convenience.

Just fly in, they send a driver to get you at the airport, and off you go into the back country.

No having to buy a truck, no having to buy a camper, no having to spend big $$ and time to outfit your truck.

Just a few calls and you are ready for a cool vacation !

It is expensive, but you're renting a lot of equipment. I remember calculating the cost per minute of water skiing. It makes these rentals look cheap. I also remember calculating the number of total hours (prepping, driving, etc) vs. the number of minutes actually skiing. Camping is a deal compared to boating, unless you own the camper for the weekend on the lake.

* Update 10.29.2013 *

Their Truck & Camper rental business has been doing very well.

We just got a nice complement from John at Tonto Trails in Colorado.

They have rented their Dodge Ram 2500 & Four Wheel Pop-up Camper (Hawk Model) more than any of their other vehicles - and the year is not over.

They just received reservations for mid November from a Florida guy that wants to "try before he buys".

The Hodgson's (some Tonto Trail customers) just returned from 8 days in the truck & camper. They were very impressed with the camper and sounded ready to buy a new one when they left.

Here is the contact information for Tonto Trails if anyone has questions or might want to contact them ...

John Hartley

info@tontotrails.com

http://www.tontotrails.com

Happy Camping !

Back
Top Bottom