Camper covers

idahoron

The storage threads got me wondering. Is anyone using a cover over the camper but leaving the camper on the truck?. I got to thinking if I could find a camper cover that fit and came down about as far as the bed on the back but only as tall as the over shot I would probably got one. If I took the truck I would just take the cover off and go. But it could protect the camper in the bad weather and the sun. Ron

Ron,

Best cover on the market (for me) clicky -------->

For those who can't do this, I've heard lots of guys/gals on here say they have had their rigs outside for many years with no negative effects. Personally, because I live in snow country, I like my option the best. I just had to get my measurements to the contractor prior to the plans being submitted.

Side note, I saw a guy the other day with a Phoenix pop-up and corner jacks. His front passenger side jack was bent back and frame was bent/cracked half way up the side. Looked expensive - hence removal of my jacks early on!

Even if I had to store my rig outside, I'd likely just wash the top each spring and keep an eye on the caulking up there. I hope you get some good information out of the thread, unlike what I offered you!!!

KILR0Y said:
Ron,

Best cover on the market (for me) clicky -------->

For those who can't do this, I've heard lots of guys/gals on here say they have had their rigs outside for many years with no negative effects. Personally, because I live in snow country, I like my option the best. I just had to get my measurements to the contractor prior to the plans being submitted.

Side note, I saw a guy the other day with a Phoenix pop-up and corner jacks. His front passenger side jack was bent back and frame was bent/cracked half way up the side. Looked expensive - hence removal of my jacks early on!

Even if I had to store my rig outside, I'd likely just wash the top each spring and keep an eye on the caulking up there. I hope you get some good information out of the thread, unlike what I offered you!!!
Kilr0y, is that a 7X16 garage door? If so, how did you get your truck in the garage. Did you have to lower the tire pressure?

That is a nice clean garage. My camper is jealous. Unfortunately I'd have to remodel my overhead door to be 8 feet high to get my camper in the garage on the truck. I have thought about it.

Seems like I have seen some truck camper covers for sale at Camping World but more for hard-sided campers than pop-ups. I have heard people having trouble with mold and mildew under covers but if it was coming off regularly it might not be a problem. Depends on the climate too, I suppose.

Possibly a search of past topics will find posts on this subject from a few years ago. Seems camper covers was discussed.

I cover mine while on the truck since it won't fit in the garage with my tires and lift. I looked in to custom covers but the cost was too high for now. I went to pep boys and bought a cover for a suburban size vehicle and it fits my Toyota and eagle perfectly! I'll post up a pic later.
I have a lot of sun so I was concerned about that even though many others have had no issues with storing outside. I also got some cheap harbor freight tire covers to keep the sun off the tires.

Back
Top Bottom