FWC uses - Other than camping

One of the reasons I got mine was to take my wife to marathons, and half marathons. She does the running and I stay in the camper waiting for her. She also does triathlons and again I wait in the camper. I run into several people that do the same thing as me and sometimes they hang out with me. The love the ability to have a comfortable place to stay and get away from the crowd for a little bit.

img_112412_0_7c00eea8580eacbf1f389a69be670bdf.jpg

I do a lot of hiking and plan to use mine as a changing room and mobile kitchen for day trips.

-It's been a team center a few times when my boys were of youth sports age.
-It was my house for a little bit while I did a remodel.
-My brother used it as a guest room for his wedding.

Mostly used for camping though.

My base for Hood-To-Coast Relay and PDX Marathon communications this year.
20141005_PDX-Marathon.jpg
I should also add sales and marketing tool for FWC, judging from the tours I have had to give. Unlike puppies and babies, my Hawk is a guy magnet. :sneaky:

Paul

A gig wagon. As a performing musician, I can haul my gear in my truck and use the camper to chill out before the gig and during breaks. Also a place to entertain adoring babes.

I like just taking a quick trip out to a spot over looking the beach and having a nice relaxing dinner in the shelter in provides. Its also nice to have it stocked with food, clothing and gear for a basecamp for various outdoor activities.

If you have a porta potti inside it can also make for your own personal bathroom in emergencies :D

At big races there is a line for the bathroom that is 50 to 100 people in the line. My wife loves being able to use the bathroom in the camper when the line is long. All of her friends are worried about using it and she doesn't have a care in the world except running. She loves that.

We transport the planes from home to the club field - www.sdwingmasters.com.
The planes have 5 and 6 foot wing stands and 3 and 4 foot fuselages. Fit real well in our Eagle with camping gear removed.

I will take a pic of our "bush" plane and upload it
Soon. Meantime check our the website four our local club

Field office, I build new homes and often I have to drive back to the office to scan or print items during the course of the day, appliance cut sheets, revisions architects send me, etc. It will be so nice to have an on site office with heat especially at the preliminary stages of construction when your constantly in the weather. The house plans are often to big to roll out in my truck, just to be able to do that out of the wind and rain will be great. That's actually the reason I ordered my FWC with flush appliances. HP makes a portable 12 volt printer scanner (I'm picking up soon), my lap top and I'm setting up the truck with wifi. .I think its going to work out great, I'm even discussing possible tax deductions with my accountant. The truth is I work a lot more then I play, my other use for my FWC may just be camping.

DanT said:
Field office, I build new homes and often I have to drive back to the office to scan or print items during the course of the day, appliance cut sheets, revisions architects send me, etc. It will be so nice to have an on site office with heat especially at the preliminary stages of construction when your constantly in the weather. The house plans are often to big to roll out in my truck, just to be able to do that out of the wind and rain will be great. That's actually the reason I ordered my FWC with flush appliances. HP makes a portable 12 volt printer scanner (I'm picking up soon), my lap top and I'm setting up the truck with wifi. .I think its going to work out great, I'm even discussing possible tax deductions with my accountant. The truth is I work a lot more then I play, my other use for my FWC may just be camping.
I'm the same as DanT. I use mine as a field office when I'm out on work related trips. I've also already discussed this with my accountant and a percentage of my camper's use has become my "mobile office" for tax purposes.

Bwht4x4 said:
I'm the same as DanT. I use mine as a field office when I'm out on work related trips. I've also already discussed this with my accountant and a percentage of my camper's use has become my "mobile office" for tax purposes.
So cool. I'm never into scams, but when it's legit like this, all the power to you. What a great way to get a tax expense.

Like others have said, it's great to know the camper is waiting for me at the trail head stocked with food and drinks . Also, all the guys at work use it as a warming hut when we step outside to make or take a personal call. Giving tours to complete strangers seems to be a mandatory cost of ownership. You're welcome FWC :)

I use mine in anticipation of the appocalysp. The small size and light weight make for easy navigation over and around zombies:)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom