05 Hawk On 08 Chevy Truck

You will most likely have to either raise the camper about 1 to 1 1/2 inch to clear the bed contour in the rear of the bed or notch the camper.

I have a ATC Panther on my 2007 Silverado. Should be about the size to the Hawk.

The truck bed is 21 inches high and I wanted a close fit so I notched the bottom of the camper to clear the bumps. I reinforced the cut out areas with beveled 5/8 inch plywood pieces glued and screwed to cover the notches.

A bit of work but with a 1/4 inch bed mat I have about 3/8 inch clearance over the side rails. makes for a clean install.
Dsrtrat

I have a Hawk on my 08 GMC. You need to notch the sides of the camper where it fits in the tailgate area. You may also need to raise the camper with a sheet of plywood. Other than that, you should be good to go.

I have a 2008 Hawk I bought used. It was built for a 2004 F150, which has tall bed sides, so the floor pack sits pretty high. I have it mounted in my 2007 Silverado HD. I did not want the camper to sit any higher than necessary, since it already clears the bed rails by about 2 - 3". So, I notched the floor pack to fit around the tailgate radius, instead of building a platform to raise above the radius. It turned out great. (I also have a 1/4 - 3/8" rubber bed mat in the bed and I highly recommend using one.) I can send pictures if you are interested. Just be sure to measure very carefully and cut once ;)

I have a friend who just purchased a Lance Camper to be carried in his new Chevy 1 ton. The camper would not sit flat in the rear tail gate opening. He had the opening modified by removing the radius side panel and had a body shop fabricate some "L" shaped panels that were welded into place, then repainted. Alot of work to carry a camper, not well designed by GM. I think this was done by GM to make that portion of the bed side panel stronger. Next time buy a Ford, problem solved.

I have a friend who just purchased a Lance Camper to be carried in his new Chevy 1 ton. The camper would not sit flat in the rear tail gate opening. He had the opening modified by removing the radius side panel and had a body shop fabricate some "L" shaped panels that were welded into place, then repainted. Alot of work to carry a camper, not well designed by GM. I think this was done by GM to make that portion of the bed side panel stronger. Next time buy a Ford, problem solved.

Jim, your number is locked in my old computer, we killed em' call me for the whole story.

Back
Top Bottom