10' Cabover panel and Pirelli seals

crazybill

Advanced Member
As I mentioned in another post I am getting bugs in the bed area when I drive. Time for seals. although the camper looks great on the outside, it is a 2000 year which means it is 17 years old.
What is the proper size and source for the flange type seals that seal the tip out window panels on the cabover when the top is down? I measured the gaps and it looks like a compressible p shape seal about 1 inch high would do the trick. But I would like input from others who have tackled this problem.
I should also go ahead and replace the Pirelli seal while I am at it. It looks like 70 feet should do it for a 10 foot cabover. The Pirelli isn't cracking but looks like it has shrunk and isn't doing the best job.

Also on a side note: the roof is definitely flatter on the rear half than it is towards the front. The previous owner had an AC on top but removed it so it may have taken a toll on the roof. the inside isn't deformed and there are no signs of leaking so should I be worried?

Any input here would be appreciated. I tried the search function but I'm just not getting it.
-Bill-

tops are always an issue....the frame is 2x2 and I'm not sure the factory understands the value of vertical grain vs flat grain....mine sags to...in the rear.....I'm going to open things up here in a couple weeks...Inside

I'd call Brian at Alaskan about the compressible seal...they might just still be using that one

Back
Top Bottom