100% Green Truck

DobleTraccion

Advanced Member
Behold: the Ship of the Desert.
True shakedown on April 10 for a week down south.
Will advise.

(If my first efforts at photo attachment failed, please hold.) :D

Attachments

• beachtruck.jpg
    beachtruck.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 568
Very nice looking set up. Is that forest service green?

Thank you, and yes to the Forest Service green. It started life in the White Mountains of AZ towing a trailer full of USFS quads, then ended up in Borrego and Julian.
Camped this weekend in the mountains east of San Juan Capistrano.
Lots of mods in mind, but mindful of preserving the "no-bling" aesthetics.
It will get a real test on the two-tracks of central Baja soon.

Hey...well done.

Now can you change it back, but turn the tires letters-in and paint the steel wheels black for me?

Sweet photoshop picture Jim !

I got a good laugh out of that one

Here is a pic of someone that actually did something like that

It didn't look all that bad ...

============================================

jimandsue60 said:
I think you need the green side wall mod to make it 100% green :)

Jim

Attachments

• P1280011.jpg
    P1280011.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 284
Hey...well done.

Now can you change it back, but turn the tires letters-in and paint the steel wheels black for me?

Sorry, I tried several time but my skills are not that great yet to make the wheels look realistic.

Thanks Stan, I think Susan and I will be stopping by the factory in the next couple weeks.

Jim

3 Green Machines

ah !

I got this picture today and thought of this thread

Here is a picture of "3 Green Machines" over in Taiwan

Attachments

• 3 GREEN MACHINES.JPG
    3 GREEN MACHINES.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 276
  • 3 Green Machines 2.JPG
    3 Green Machines 2.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 290
If those are rentals, that would be a fun way to explore the Taiwanese coastline. Noodle heaven, and some waves to slide to boot.

Well, look who the cat dragged in...

You'll learn shortly why I'm topping this old thread. Forgive me for not placing it in the "For Sale" zone; DD, move as needed.

Over the last couple of years I've had a string of great runs, but have shirked all trip report duties.
What can I say? Work has been whipping me like a rented mule.

The truck and camper outfit certainly gained my appreciation.
For two or three-man trips in the wilderness (and especially with the wife) the Four Wheel program is pretty unimpeachable.
But I've been doing more and more two night, one-man strike missions though, and my small SUV sleeps me fine.
While I have space for it, I started making plans to clean it up and post it up here for sale.

Then my truck made my mind up for me with two problems rendering it, for the time being, a no-go for camping..
Coming home from the Sierra, I lost fifth and reverse (both on the far right side of the shift pattern).
I still drive it once a week. Works like the beast that it is as long as you don't want to go 80 or backwards.
The motor is bombproof and powerful, and it drives great.
Next, my tired front camper lift finally cashed its check.
Not even that stopped me: it works fine as a "shell," and I've slept in the gaucho bed more than once.

So, I'm in the unenviable position of having to put a new tranny in a vehicle I don't have immediate plans to camp in.
That's led me back to the forum to try to find a loving home for this character-rich vessel.

The ideal new owner would be someone looking for a low-priced project that will yield a really solid, traditional 4WD diesel camping platform with many years of adventure ahead of it. Engine: Excellent. Body: Excellent. Interior: Excellent. BFG TA/KOs: 80% tread. Camper: tight but wants some love and updating. Excellent CD player with iPod connection. AC: needs a charge. Windshield washer reservoir kaput.

If I was the buyer instead of the seller, I'd budget for a tranny ($2500 + or-) and then I'd drop it at the Four Wheel camper factory day spa for a grand worth of love: fix the lifter, replace the water tank, and tidy up the trim and such. Both could be pulled off in a matter of days (right Stan?).
At that point it's back to the two-track.

In all honesty, I don't exactly know how to price it, but my interest is in selling it, not high-balling people. I'll take the best offer over five grand for the package. Opinions, offers, and suggestions fielded promptly via PM. Listing it for sale locally too (San Clemente) and will update post if someone snags it.
That said, it would be cool if someone here got it.
I am utterly transparent on what this truck needs. If you're interested in her, hit me up and I'll give you the rundown.
Also, search my user name for more photos and intel on the truck.

Oh, where 4W Campers and Wander the West are concerned, I'll be back.
Someday I'll spec a micro version of Big Green suitable for solo travel.

Keep those hubs locked,

Doble

PS: Sunman, been digging your TRs!

Well, well, well...as I live and breathe...

...good to see you are still alive and kicking señor! Good luck with the sale.

Sunman, still kicking and spending plenty of time "down below."

Hey, I don't know if folks use Private Message on this board.

And if someone could do something about the water temps in SoCal, I'd appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom