160 Watt 12V Monocrystalline Solar Panel $115

Holy cow! I've never seen prices that cheap and their reviews appear to be adequate.

fireball said:
Have you had good luck with this particular panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West
i have the 150w panel and it is working fine. Note I paid $145 for it.

$38 to PA. That's about what I would expect for that big of a panel. Total $153.

The Grape Solar 160W panel is the same size and available on Amazon free prime shipping for $229. I'm not sure if Grape is any better product, I think the name is a bit more well recognized but not sure if that is worth $76!

I broke down and bought one of these and 2 of the 60 watt from the same manufacturer. I would like to make a homemade suitcase from the 60 watt panels for the boat or suv. Price up front was hard to pass up. Time will tell if it really was a good deal.

I confess..I ordered one too... the install will be so easy as it crosses the Yack tracks....Hope it holds out!

I am not finding any reviews or ratings of Solar Cynergy products on line. Can anyone provide a link or two. I wonder about reliability, durability, warrantee, etc.

The price seems too good to be true.

I sent both Cynergy and Solar BLVD an email asking for a source of non biased reviews of the panels as well as asking for a reason that the Cynergy Co website does not list it as an item that they make......hmmmmmm ... buyer beware ... I may have a bought a lemon... but time will tell. At $115 if I "screwed the pooch" it will be another life's lesson. Never have a beer and order on line!

I figured for the price if they fail oh well. Better $110 than $300. I'll beat up on Solar Blvd for the warranty. If they work well then I got a steal.

Some one mentioned in another thread on these a while back that these may be Chinese gov. subsidized panels. As in they were making them cheap to flood the market and beat up the competition. There were some lawsuits over that. I don't know any specifics but it makes sense to me.

Mine are supposed to be here Tuesday.

I ordered one too. The first arrived utterly destroyed and the replacement should be here tomorrow. If nothing else, I have been impressed with solar blvd's customer service.

I just received an email from Solar Blvd. as I had asked why it was not on the Cynergy website.... Here is the reply:

"We actually own Solar Cynergy. The 160 watt Mono-Crystal panel is a new product that we started producing - that is why it is not on the website. It is going to replace the 150 watt polycrystalline. If you would like to return it, we will be more than happy to take it back. "

I guess it is on the up and up....

buckland said:
I just received an email from Solar Blvd. as I had asked why it was not on the Cynergy website.... Here is the reply:

"We actually own Solar Cynergy. The 160 watt Mono-Crystal panel is a new product that we started producing - that is why it is not on the website. It is going to replace the 150 watt polycrystalline. If you would like to return it, we will be more than happy to take it back. "

Sounds about right. I have had good luck with Solar Blvd.

buckland said:

Thanks for the info.

My panels came in today. As is par for the course with Fedex the big box was damaged and had been deliberately opened and 1/2 a job closed back up with a couple of pieces of tape. They've destroyed some important items for me over the years.

But when I removed the panel all seemed well. The smaller box with the 2) 60 watt panels was fine as were the panels.

Quality seems fine. The large 160 watt panel has the typical 2 cables with MC4 connectors. The smaller 60 watt Qcell panels have a junction box which suits me fine.

I laid the panels flat on saw horses in the drive. It's hot Mid 90's, hazy sun with bad air today. I did this about 2:30 -3pm.

All of the panels were putting out right around 21volts DC on my Fluke VOM. I don't have an ammeter.

This was the large panel when a cloud came over and obsured the sun for a few minutes.

I put my hand over the large panel along with my wide brimmed hat and moved each around. The worst effect I saw was a net loss of around 1 volt from the shading. Let the fun begin!

Back
Top Bottom