1958 Alaskan camper A new beginning.

Ghosty

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum. First off I would like to thank everyone for the endless amount of info here!
I am starting on a 1958 Alaskan NCO 8' It is about a 6/10 condition. Only two small soft spots on the camper. And two small dents.
Two broken windows thanks to a tornado. And some trim missing. I had it on A trailer for about 15 years I worked way to much to do anything with it. And the tornado picked it up and stacked a bunch of junk under it and set it back down on the trailer in almost the exact same place LOL It has large numbers on the front and back 343 can anyone please tell me if it is the 343rd one made? It is over the club logo. Both club logos are missing :( I will post some pictures latter today. The two upright boards in each back corner is the only soft spots. The rest of the back wall is solid. I’m a carpenter so it will be a easy fix.
IMG_7526.jpeg

Attachments

• 74785251442__1D13B834-CB99-41F4-A2C5-DBF1F1886AD0.jpeg
    74785251442__1D13B834-CB99-41F4-A2C5-DBF1F1886AD0.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 74785110767__BDC2964B-ABB8-4333-9009-D0A288DE78A6.jpeg
    74785110767__BDC2964B-ABB8-4333-9009-D0A288DE78A6.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 74785248114__C11A6A4E-7C8E-4557-9B98-6A72B786C4ED.jpeg
    74785248114__C11A6A4E-7C8E-4557-9B98-6A72B786C4ED.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7522.jpeg
    IMG_7522.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7525.jpeg
    IMG_7525.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 74785721347__7D0717E1-729F-4D74-BE3E-D327AC84A8E2.jpeg
    74785721347__7D0717E1-729F-4D74-BE3E-D327AC84A8E2.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7535.jpeg
    IMG_7535.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7536.jpeg
    IMG_7536.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Welcome to the Alaskan Camper subforum Ghosty, and have fun with your rebuild. The number 343 is the old membership number of a prior owner (perhaps the original purchaser) in the Alaskan Camper Club International, Inc. (ACCI), a owner's club active from the 1960s to perhaps the 1990s. The missing large round ACCI emblem is being reproduced in resin by Milton Newman, who can be contacted via the Alaskan Camper Club group on Facebook. The two holes above the round emblem shadow are for a curved rocker that named the local chapter the old member belonged to. Milton reproduces those too.

The State of California data plate simply confirms your Alaskan Camper complied with all applicable California mobile home regulations as of the date of manufacture. It does not contain or show your Alaskan's serial number, which might be stamped in the rear bottom steel cross member or in the camper's bottom half right hand vertical aluminum angle guide for your top half.

I own a 1966 8' NCO Alaskan nearly identical to yours. Search for old threads under my name Denver Alaskan detailing the improvements I've made to it over the years to get some ideas for rebuilding yours.

Welcome to the Alaskan Camper subforum Ghosty, and have fun with your rebuild. The number 343 is the old membership number of a prior owner (perhaps the original purchaser) in the Alaskan Camper Club International, Inc. (ACCI), a owner's club active from the 1960s to perhaps the 1990s. The missing large round ACCI emblem is being reproduced in resin by Milton Newman, who can be contacted via the Alaskan Camper Club group on Facebook. The two holes above the round emblem shadow are for a curved rocker that named the local chapter the old member belonged to. Milton reproduces those too.

The State of California data plate simply confirms your Alaskan Camper complied with all applicable California mobile home regulations as of the date of manufacture. It does not contain or show your Alaskan's serial number, which might be stamped in the rear bottom steel cross member or in the camper's bottom half right hand vertical aluminum angle guide for your top half.

I own a 1966 8' NCO Alaskan nearly identical to yours. Search for old threads under my name Denver Alaskan detailing the improvements I've made to it over the years to get some ideas for rebuilding yours.
Why I thought it was a 1958 is because it has a small tags starting at 1958 and going to 1975 I’m sure I could be mistaken though. I have the vin serial number but I haven’t looked into how to get the year from that yet. Thanks for your help 😁

Why I thought it was a 1958 is because it has a small tags starting at 1958 and going to 1975 I’m sure I could be mistaken though. I have the vin serial number but I haven’t looked into how to get the year from that yet. Thanks for your help 😁
I would love to find out who the original buyer was! Who ever owned it before me had it for years and took really good care of it. The man who I bought it from didn’t care about it at all. I bought a trailer from him and he said if I buy it I would have to take the camper too but it was free. 😁 And now I’m in love with Alaskan campers!

A moderator of one of the Alaskan Camper groups on Facebook has a ~1960s Membership Rooster that likely contains club member names with their club numbers. But due to family issues, he has not yet found the time to scan or post it. When he does, then we may be able to identify the original owner of your Alaskan from the 343 club membership number still on it. Your Alaskan is one of the very few I've seen with a membership number still on it, so you are very fortunate in that regard.

The years underneath the ACCI medallion beginning with 1964 are believed to be the years your original Alaskan Camper owner attended ACCI National Rallies. It look like he was a very active member.

Your serial number AL 8 s 1232 with the date 7/63 tells us your Alaskan was made in July 1963, so it is most likely a 1963 Alaskan camper. The 8 is believed to the the factory it where it was built, and 1232 should be its serial number from that factory.

Free love is wonderful, isn't it!

A moderator of one of the Alaskan Camper groups on Facebook has a ~1960s Membership Rooster that likely contains club member names with their club numbers. But due to family issues, he has not yet found the time to scan or post it. When he does, then we may be able to identify the original owner of your Alaskan from the 343 club membership number still on it. Your Alaskan is one of the very few I've seen with a membership number still on it, so you are very fortunate in that regard.

The years underneath the ACCI medallion beginning with 1964 are believed to be the years your original Alaskan Camper owner attended ACCI National Rallies. It look like he was a very active member.

Your serial number AL 8 s 1232 with the date 7/63 tells us your Alaskan was made in July 1963, so it is most likely a 1963 Alaskan camper. The 8 is believed to the the factory it where it was built, and 1232 should be its serial number from that factory.

Free love is wonderful, isn't it!
WoW That's awesome! I don't know why I didn't think about the 7/63 lol
I know you have to be right about that. The year tag numbers start at the bottom under the club logo in small squares.
And if you count the spaces it would be from 1958 to 1963. And then you move to the front of the camper under club logo. And count the spaces bottom to top. They go from 1964 to 1973 i think? So maybe the original owner was a club member from 1958 to 1973 ish? And maybe this wasn't his/hers first Alaskan camper? Sorry I'm A history nerd and love to think and stuff like this.

Last edited:
Good luck on your 63'! Pretty much identical layout to my 65' except I have a brass kitchen light instead of the glass. Same outside "finish" as well. Pretty much all gone on the top half. I got Miltons repro emblems and did them up for mine, super cool that yours has the evidence of originals, along with the member#.

full

Good luck on your 63'! Pretty much identical layout to my 65' except I have a brass kitchen light instead of the glass. Same outside "finish" as well. Pretty much all gone on the top half. I got Miltons repro emblems and did them up for mine, super cool that yours has the evidence of originals, along with the member#.

full
Beautiful setup! i'm not sure how far I want to go on the inside yet. As long as I have a coffee pot and a light I'm a happy camper. I will probably leave it as original as I can for now. But I defiantly want to look into getting the club logos. Is there a way you can link me to the guy that's making them? Thanks for the help! you guys rock!

Beautiful setup! i'm not sure how far I want to go on the inside yet. As long as I have a coffee pot and a light I'm a happy camper. I will probably leave it as original as I can for now. But I defiantly want to look into getting the club logos. Is there a way you can link me to the guy that's making them? Thanks for the help! you guys rock!
The only way I know how to get in touch is through Facebook he's Milton Newman there, lives in Hawaii, real nice guy.

I'll warn you, the emblems are a bit of work to get done, they are some sort of cast plastic, and mine had plenty of little bubbles in the voids that I had to pick out, before I could even start painting.

full

Back
Top Bottom