1967 Alaskan Camper

I have a question I just bought a alaskan popup 8ft for $100.00 . I dont know what year it is, the side windows have one big pane in the middle and two small windows on the right and the left that you can push open. so if you guys have any idea what year it is that would be great . and it had a heater in it at one point and any info on that would be great to . thanks again for yor time . Garrett

I have a question I just bought a alaskan popup 8ft for $100.00 . I dont know what year it is, the side windows have one big pane in the middle and two small windows on the right and the left that you can push open. so if you guys have any idea what year it is that would be great . and it had a heater in it at one point and any info on that would be great to . thanks again for yor time . Garrett

There should be a VIN tag on the rear of the camper on the left side of the door. The model number is on the same tag above the VIN, your model number should be an 8 followed by a slash and the number for the year. For example the model number on mine is 8/67 which is an 8ft made in 1967.
Mat

My 69 Serial, manufacture plate located as mentioned.

Alaskan Camper 066.JPG

Hello,
I'm Mat, from British Columbia, Canada. I just bought my first Alaskan Camper, a 1967 8ft. NCO model and I am very impressed with it. I have been looking for a vintage camper for awhile now, considered many different makes and have to say I am now hooked on the Alaskan's. I am going to use it when I go hunting, fishing, camping etc. and will load it on my 1968 International Travelette Campermobile when I go to vintage truck shows out of town.

P1020812.jpg

The International came out of an estate in Colfax, WA., it has 47,000 original miles on it.

LeftSide.jpg

Hi, I am a new member joined to learn more about the old alaskan camps please tell me how wide your camper is and how long the table is when let down I would love to find one as good as yours or even one that i could restore is there any plans anywhere to buld a pop up like the old 67 alaskan thank last.

Hi Mat from BC. Karl from PEI. Being a BC native Mat I trust you are have you seen any other model like this Baby. Built by Vanguard in 1967. Just amazing condition, and I found here in the East Cost. I have never seen one like it and I lived in Calgary for 10 years and was familiar with Vanguard. Can,t beat these old campers. Should you have any info photos etc would love to hear from you.

Karl....check the date on the post from Mat....2012....you've resurrected a 4 year old post so it may be a while to reach Mat....

meanwhile..."Welcome to the group"...pictures are always welcomed... ;)

Willys Addict is a parksville. BC resident.....he's got a thread going on his rebuild now

Thank you for your reply. I just got so wrapped up in looking at all the cool photos of the Alaskan camper I never thought to look at the Date. lol ,,Will try to post some photos but I think they maybe to large.

Back
Top Bottom