1977 alaskan rebuild

64highboy

Advanced Member
Just picked this camper up partially rebuilt already need to get new siding and roof for top half. No longer has 110v. I'm going to put in a deep cycle battery, 12 volt water pump, 3 or 4 led lights, a small inverter under the counter to run the coffee grinder and other small things, solar panel will sit on the roof while parked to keep the battery up.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Looks to be in really nice shape, should be an easy rebuild. Have you talked to Bryan about new aluminum yet?

When I redid mine I used Styrofoam and the shaker cans of spray foam to glue them in place. My roof was already spray foamed but the sides had to be replaced. Also ask at Rona or one of the other places for a product called Blue Skin I used it on all the leading edges that looked like they could leak. I tried to over use the caulking but I did not want to ever have to do it again hence the Blue Skin.
Have fun, it will be worth it.

I talked to Brian briefly my dad is going to the Portland swap meet in April so he will pick the new aluminum up for me. The roof already has ridgid blue foam but the sides still need to be insulated. I have a few sheets of white packing styrofoam about 3/4 of and inch thick I thought I could just double it up for the sides. As for sealing it I thought windshield urethane would work good but I defiantly would never get it apart without damaging the aluminum. Any recommendations on caulking?

Back
Top Bottom