1983 FWC Blazer Model on a First Gen Blazer

Blazer_FWC

I just picked up a first generation Blazer that came equipped with a 1983 Blazer version of the FWC pop up. Wanted to show the group and get any feedback on the current value or the places to check for a few pieces that look to be damaged and need repaired or replaced like the outer clamshell type pieces that hold the pop up section together.

Thanks for looking and your feedback on my new FWC!

Attachments

• 124.jpg
    124.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 295
  • 125.jpg
    125.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 288
  • 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 119.jpg
    119.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 264
a few more pictures

Attachments

• 118.jpg
    118.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 340
  • 128.jpg
    128.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 246
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 210
Contact Jeff or Marty at ATC. As I understand it, when FWC was in Colorado in the early days Jeff worked there and has a particular affection for them. They (ATC) have refurbished several of them in the last few years and know quite a bit about them.

The brackets near the top hold the pop up part of the camper down. One appears to be mangled so I was going to replace it. Thanks for the lead at ATC.

Blazer_FWC said:
The brackets near the top hold the pop up part of the camper down. One appears to be mangled so I was going to replace it. Thanks for the lead at ATC.
I think you'll like working with the folks at ATC. They're knowledgeable, helpful and very open to customer ideas.

Love it super rare , talk to atc. You won't regret fixing it and being able to go threw cab . Priceless. Can't wait to see what you do . Always post please

Welcome to the group.
Stan at FWC has a video up on the Woolrich addition and in the video there are pictures of the campers mounted on Ford Bronco,the small one and the IH Scout plus a Blazer one.
Pretty cool post. Check it out.
What is the weight of the camper?

Keep us posted of your camper.And yes Marty/Jeff at ATC should be able to help.They are great guys.
Frank

According to what I have read - the camper is roughly the same as the standard fiberglass top that came on these Blazers from the factory - so about 250-300 lbs. is the weight range.

I have a 1984 Blazer FWC on my 1972 K5 Blazer. The posted weight is 700lbs with propane and water tanks full. Yours looks to have lead a rougher life than mine, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. The biggest problem with these era campers is that they used particle board on the exposed front surface of the camper right behind the Blazer door windows. Yours has seen moisture and has deteriorated a bit. I sealed mine by covering it with a sheet of textured white vinyl that can be found at Home Depot. The biggest ticket item to fix/replace on the camper is the pop-up vinyl. Hopefully yours is free of holes or tears, and free of mold within the interior thermal insulation. You will really enjoy using it once you get it sorted out.

Attachments

• IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 165
A bit off topic....my brother bought new a 77 Blazer with the Chalet integrated camper....a fiberglass rendering with a pop up top....they were available from GM but I am unsure who really made them.

Were the FMC campers sold new or installed aftermarket for Blazer owners ?

David Graves

The FWC Blazer models were sold new from FWC, without a Blazer attached:). No connection to GM. I'm not sure who was responsible for bobbing a 69-72 Blazer full hardtop to form the front cab cover. Perhaps FWC had a template that was used to mark the cut line, and they did it in their factory using the new owners hardtop, or maybe they left it up to the new owner. All I know is that I had to bob a donor hardtop myself, without a template when I found my camper. Measured hundreds of times and cut once!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom