1986 grandby - what have I done

Pkelly72

I just purchased a well taken care of 86’ grandby. I knew it didn’t fit my 2005 ram 3500 8’ bed but it was a good deal and always wanted a four wheel camper.

I searched but haven’t found a thread on how to modify the floor pack to make it fit. Could anyone recommend a thread or two to help get me started? I’m somewhat handy and prepared to weld aluminum.

I haven’t told my wife yet so please have some sympathy and patience. Thanks.

Hey! Good luck.. see in my signature a link to my Grandby Rebuild.. its all pretty basic..I didn't end up needing weld any aluminum but did use L brackets and replaced some broken welds that way..

Disregard, I bought an aluminum flatbed which does open up the possibility of making into a flatbed version..but one step at a time.

If anyone has some camper jacks and is willing to help me out in Modesto, let me know.

Picked it up today and got it home.

There’s some rot in the floor as you can see from the pictures. Any suggestions on repair?

Also any recommendations for camper jacks? The flatbed I bought is 81” wide so slight concern that it’s going to be difficult to find a solution to get the jacks that wide for loading/unloading.

Lots of paperwork including original manuals.
IMG_2200.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2201.jpeg
    IMG_2201.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2199.jpeg
    IMG_2199.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2198.jpeg
    IMG_2198.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2196.jpeg
    IMG_2196.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 0
That spot in the first picture is very dry rotted. It’s adjacent to the door but to the left.

Back
Top Bottom