1992 Grandby, Portland OR - longtime WtW member seller - no surprises

natjwest

Contributors
Selling my 1992-ish Grandby as of now. Its in Portland. Bought it a few years ago and used it a bunch. But the truck is being replaced with a work van so I can't keep the camper around. Look up my account here on WtW and see some portion of where the camper has been, particularly this one and this one.
Nothing seriously wrong with this camper. You could buy it today and use it tomorrow. But here's a status report:

No fridge. I removed the propane one after it stopped working and have an electric one that I'm keeping. Furnace works. I added strut lifty thingies. The lift panels aren't in good shape but the struts make that a non issue. Vinyl upper is in fine shape for being original, no holes. The windows have shrunk so I added extra Velcro which works. Sink pump works, water tank good. No leaks in the roof. Headliner and lights and two vents (one powered) all good. New black plywood paint, which is in good shape. No holes in the aluminum siding. Comes with a battery. New wiring from the battery to the truck. Stove is manual-ignition. Fake wood grain stickers on particle board cabinets are peeling and the cabinets are somewhat rickety butive never had them come apart on some bad roads.

Being an older model you need an older truck. Your tailgate opening must be 60" at the rear.

Pictures here on Dropbox (public link):
Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life
$3500 make me an offer. Email natjwest at gmail dot com since I'm not on the forums much any more.

The camper looks used, but for the price you can't beat it.

I'm really surprised it hasn't sold yet.

I still have great memories of our 1992/1993 Grandby.

:)

Badda bing badda bump. Still for sale.

Maybe I'm just out of season? Or is it no longer fashionable to buy a structurally sound FWC and rebuild the interior? This one is usuable on day 1 even!

natjwest said:
Badda bing badda bump. Still for sale.

Maybe I'm just out of season? Or is it no longer fashionable to buy a structurally sound FWC and rebuild the interior? This one is usuable on day 1 even!
Thanks for keeping us who follow this thread in the loop. I'm very interested, but can't convince the wifey we need both a travel trailer (which we already have - 1974 Airstream) AND a truck camper. I found your Craigslist link for this again, as your older links are now expired: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/rvs/4434105910.html

You could also try listing in the Seattle Craigslist as the competition there is pretty weak (no "grandby" and one gutted "four wheel camper") right now.
Best of luck to you! I'll let you know if I can get the wife convinced, but hard to do when the Airstream needs a new water heater :)

I think this may have been sold...one of my neighbors came over to look at mine since he just bought a 92 Granby he found in Portland for about that listed price. The ad is gone so I can't tell if it's the same one but sounds about right.

Riverrunner said:
I think this may have been sold...one of my neighbors came over to look at mine since he just bought a 92 Granby he found in Portland for about that listed price. The ad is gone so I can't tell if it's the same one but sounds about right.
Fair enough - thanks for the update!

Back
Top Bottom