2 FWC at an isolated 4wd recommended site

EdoHart

Grasshopper
This past weekend, 3 friends and I got together for a 2 nights. Here are some pictures of the trail (leaving) as well as our 2 FWC Hawks. Mine is on the white Dodge, his on the brown GMC. The one feature he has that I don't that I really like is the water heater with external shower.

Attachments

• 2007-05-19 13-31-32_0003s.jpg
    2007-05-19 13-31-32_0003s.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 594
  • 2007-05-20 17-22-41_0033s.jpg
    2007-05-20 17-22-41_0033s.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 563
  • 2007-03-24 04s.jpg
    2007-03-24 04s.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 573
I do like the heater and shower

Perhaps I should have put a comma or to in there. I do like the heater, especially when linked to the external shower. He has a little less storage than I do, but it is probably worth it.

Noticed in your photo that your friend has the camper jacks mounted on his FWC. You don't. Do you find you can go more places without the worry of catching them on something? When I was in Baja last December a member of our party tore the side of his camper when it snagged on the jack. Any advantages to leaving them on while four wheeling?

Just my 2 cents Cap. I've seen 2 campers badly damaged by jacks bottoming out. I always take mine off when I'm on rough roads.

Jay

Safety Margin

Noticed in your photo that your friend has the camper jacks mounted on his FWC. You don't. Do you find you can go more places without the worry of catching them on something? When I was in Baja last December a member of our party tore the side of his camper when it snagged on the jack. Any advantages to leaving them on while four wheeling?

I took them off for the safety factor. Since then, I've been on a few roads which, while I don't know if I would have caused damage, I was glad they weren't sticking out low and wide. Plus, I can see more in my mirrors.

If you plan on any off road I wouldn't leave the jacks on. If you just bump something its probably going to ruin the jack. Really misjudge a rock and its going to be catastrophic. On my truck I wouldn't use them any time other than taking the camper off the truck anyway.

Back
Top Bottom