2001 v6 Tacoma truck mods for finch shell

CRob

Hey all,
I think I'm gonna drop the ball on a new finch shell for my 2001 v6 double cab Tacoma soon (in the next few weeks). Finalizing options. The shell will not have a furnace (will be doing a wave 3). The rig will be used on paved roads the majority of the time (99%), maybe the occasional dirt road. Think, pull up to a surf spot, surf all day and have a place to eat and sleep. Most of the spots have parking lots and/or campgrounds close. I live on the east coast (southern nc).

I was thinking of doing the super springs mod for the rear suspension to start (since I'll mostly be doing paved) then add additional as needed as I save up more money. One thing I am a little worried about is my tires, they are in good shape, but they are not rated E (they are m + s), and only 4 ply( saw some posts about someone putting on 10 ply, freaked me out a bit).

Thanks in advance.

Looks like there's a ton of posts on this subject. And I guess to each his own. I did forget to mention that the camper will stay on probably 80% of the time. Looking at doing supersprings or timbrens.

Looks like there's a ton of posts on this subject. And I guess to each his own. I did forget to mention that the camper will stay on probably 80% of the time. Looking at doing supersprings or timbrens.

Given the type of driving you plan on, Supersprings or Timbrens may be enough. E-rated tires are overkill (but sometimes D-rated aren't available in a given tire size. That's what happened to me). You will feel a difference in cornering stability if you go with D-rated tires.

Back
Top Bottom