2002 CO 8ft Turned out be an '04!

mike dominick

I'm headed out tomorrow to go look at a 2002 CO 8ft that was sold back in 07 at a DRMO (gov surplus) sale. Is anyone familiar with a fed contract or use for Alaskans? The owner told me you can't keep your tailgate up due to the toilet outlet on the back, I haven't seen this on one before.

Are you talking about the cassette toilet door? It's a smallish door that allows access to the cassette(portable black tank) and the fresh flush water fill

Forgot to say cassette toilets are options on the newer ones, don't remember year they started

even if you can't raise the tailgate...get it, take it home

then figure modifications...don't remember the first year of the cassette install...call brian at Alaskan, he's great about info and he would be clear on the fed contract...

since the feds like to spend money...it's probably buffed out... ;)

I'm going to look at it tomorrow, it's 3 hours away from me, so I won't know till then. Is there anything unique to watch out for on this era model? I just sold an '07 filon sided Snow River that was destroyed by a leak so I'm nervous of wood campers, but the Alaskan looks to be the best of them by far! I already called the factory, they were very helpful and may have found the build sheet on it.

the corners have better protection on the newer models but interior corners, vent perimeters, black stains around the screws on the ceiling, staining around the windows, any damage to the exterior skin is going to let water in....check the ext. then follow inside,

roof penetrations with antennas, AC units, broken vent covers....any front wall penetration for whatever reason on the ext.

hopefully there are bracketed jacks on it, if you have to use cables....BE CAREFULL...they have a tendency to SLIP OFF

tweaked doors on the top half will allow water inside and stain the inside of the upper door...

good luck Mike

Just got home! I was lucky,I only started the hunt for an outfit 1 month ago. This one was sold to the USAF for security forces to camp on top of Minuteman missiles sites around 2002. The exact same missiles I was sitting underground waiting to launch 20 years earlier! In great shape, I'll be asking for advice soon, I'd like to remove the toilet and use that space for storage.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1446340303038.jpg
    FB_IMG_1446340303038.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 181
Went out to show my wife our new outfit, took my reading glasses and checked the build date on the sticker. It was born on 1 Nov 2004, so today is its 11th birthday.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1446396126797.jpg
    FB_IMG_1446396126797.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 158
geesh....air conditioning to boot

yabba dabba do

and a $800 worth of jacks.....

wait a minute....did you get this in Helena?

I just posted up on the gear exchange an 8' CO in Helena...on CraigsL....do I need my big eraser?

Nice looking rig. Congrats. Is the toilet a porta-potti or casette? Before we placed our order for our FWC Grandby we deleted the toilet. We wanted the flexibility and got a Porta - potti Curve. It fits in our lower cabinet and we have storage room there as well. Just use it first thing when we get up and when we turn in for the night. Not having a toilet wouldn't work for us.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

Rusty, you were to slow on this one, it was listed out of Helena, but it was in Great Falls. I saw the add Friday morning and had a hold on it within 20 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom