2003 Four Wheel Camper Hawk - Sold

Ted

Magellan
Site Team
Sold

Located in Rocklin, CA, this camper has no leaks, no issues, is very well equipped, and ready to take you camping right away. The camper was originally on a 2000 Tundra which it fit well. Now it rides on a 2011 Tundra. So I built a platform to raise the camper above the higher rails. I will include the platform for anyone needing it in their truck.

Standard items include: two burner stove, stainless steel sink, faucet (new), 20 lb propane tank, 110 outlet, 12 v porch light (replaced incandescent bulb with LED's), fire extinguisher (has been replaced periodically), 13 gallon fresh water tank, couch/bed conversion, 2 two-way (hi/low) interior lights (low bulbs replaced with LED's), water/battery monitor (new), LP Gas detector (new), CO2 detector, and probably a couple other things I'm forgetting.

Factory installed options include: extended cab-over bed (queen size), furnace, auxiliary battery system (brand new Diehard Group 31 AGM 110 Ah battery), side awning, screen door, front opening window, electric water pump, jack brackets, and rear wall steps.

Aftermarket additions: AM Solar 100 watt panel with controller (installed 2013), Isotherm 65 12v refrigerator, roof assist gas struts (installed by All Terrain Campers), Thule roof rack tracks (full length, installed by All Terrain Campers), Fantastic Fan with remote, piezo ignitor for stove, digital thermostat, and C Channel along rear roof (for home made rear awning - not available). The curtains were just replaced with new ones from All Terrain Campers. Also, I built hinged doors to replace the sliders.

I am asking $9200 $8750. I have the four Reico corner jacks and intend to keep them for our new camper as new ones are a $700 option. However, if the buyer needs them, I would be willing to add them to the sale for $550. PM me for questions, photos, or if interested.

I will get some interior photos to post tonight. Meanwhile, here is one courtesy if Ski3pin's blog.
Edit: photos added below.

Couple of things I forgot to mention: There is the lower velcro necessary for an Arctic Pack on this camper. Also included is the three piece table but with a fold-up tripod support I purchased that makes it much more user friendly than the board that comes with it. Please not my correction above - the rear awning is not available. However, the C-channel is on the rear of the camper should you decide to make or purchase one.

gallery_176_163_48632.jpg

ski3pin said:
Someone is going to get a great camper, Ted! Hope it finds a fine new home and best of luck with the sale! :)
I'll second that! Someone's gonna get a camper filled with good-spirits-juju...just like the 3pin's former camper. :)

Forgot to mention my location. Added that to the post above. Rocklin, CA is about one half hour east of Sacramento.

Edit for clarification of rear awning. This was a home made rear awning, not the one offered by FWC. It is not available.

Exterior photos showing rain/hot sun awning pieces, solar panel, Thule rack tracks, and C channel on rear.

gallery_176_726_473439.jpg

gallery_176_726_315603.jpg

gallery_176_726_313457.jpg

gallery_176_726_340755.jpg

gallery_176_726_477156.jpg

Brand new Group 31 100 Ah AGM battery. Close up of battery separator and charge controller.

gallery_176_726_2993.jpg

gallery_176_726_358645.jpg

Storage cabinet with hinged doors. Divider is easily removed if you don't want it. Digital thermostat and stove ignito also visible in photo.

gallery_176_726_273948.jpg

gallery_176_726_452326.jpg

Side cabinet.

gallery_176_726_112369.jpg

Fantastic Fan with remote. Two-way lights on low (LED) and high (LED+incandescent). Co2 detector and LP Gas detector (new - brown not available). Three piece table with original and tripod support.

gallery_176_726_503611.jpg

gallery_176_726_137175.jpg

gallery_176_726_347799.jpg

gallery_176_726_122682.jpg

gallery_176_726_87339.jpg

Isotherm 65 12 volt refrigerator.

gallery_176_726_449921.jpg

gallery_176_726_496023.jpg

This is the platform available if needed for your truck.

gallery_176_163_106947.jpg

This is a sweet camper and has lot's of upgrades. Somebody is going to gain all those hours of research and installation.
Good luck with sale!

Thanks for all the nice comments about our camper. I'm sure the new owners will enjoy it as much as we have.

Congratulations on the sale. Did you have mixed feeling seeing the camper going down the road?
Now the wait really begins for the new camper.

Did you have mixed feeling seeing the camper going down the road?
Funny thing, it hasn't gone down the road yet. They had a three hour drive to get here. We spent some time drilling and installing his eye bolts. But it was getting late so they went to relatives to overnight and we will finish the install in the AM. So we have their money and the camper. I said to the wife, "Quick, let's take the camper and the money and make a run for it".

Joking of course. But yeah, it will be bittersweet to see them pull away tomorrow. We have spent a lot of the last 11 years road tripping in that camper. All of the trip reports and Ski3pin's stories about "the Teds". It has been a lot of fun. I'm sure our new one will be just as good to us.

I hope you talked them into joining the cult. I can't wait to see some new trip reports in a tried and true camper.

Ted said:
...................................................... and Ski3pin's stories about "the Teds". It has been a lot of fun.
Congrats and hope it found a great new home. I am looking forward to telling a lot more stories about the Teds!

Back
Top Bottom