2004 Hawk bed on the floor

PAU in Montana

Advanced Member
[SIZE=medium]Sorry if I’m bring up old topics but I’m really close to pull the trigger on a purchase on a 2004 Hawk. My last slide in was a Phoenix 8 foot that I had in my short bed truck (tail gate down). Anyway I’m trying to understand how the bed on the floor works. The seller has sent tons of pic and all looks good. I just want to confirm how this part of the sleeping area works. I’m hoping I can have my girls sleeping there like we did with our old camper. So all know I called FWC but stain was out and was not able to find anyone that could explain it to me. One other note I think this model is call the X model fridge in the front of the camper. [/SIZE]

Is it a rollover couch or side-dinette. If it's a rollover couch there's probably enough room for your two girls. The back rolls over to the aisle to be even with the seat and takes up a good portion of the aisle.

If it's a side-dinette probably not. Might be a little tight. The table top and post are removed and the rear seat back flips forward to fill the gap so the width doesn't expand. Can you post a picture.

Here is a video that shows how the bed works in a side dinette. (about 2 minutes in) Same mechanism is used for the rollover couch.

Except this is may be before the rollover couch came out. Still theres plenty of room to sleep there. I don't recall exactly when it came out but it was after mine.

Thank you all, the camper is equip. with something before the rollover couch. I talked with the owner and from what I understand there are some parts the hold or lay on cabinets. Then you speared the cushions over the bed.

[SIZE=medium]I guess it really matters not as the owner and I have come to an agreement. I leave for Boise in 2 days. Again thank you all and for a great site to review and your help. I have been looking for so long that I’m still not sure it’s done. The seller removed the camper from craigslist so it looks promising. [/SIZE]

Hope you find the camper to be what you are looking for. I had a 2002 Hawk loved it except for the short cabover it had. Keep us informed on what you do to and with the camper.

Back
Top Bottom