2006 Dodge Mega Cab 4X4 CTD,FWC

2thetop

I have a 2006 Dodge MegaCab 4x4 2500 CTD truck, I am leaning towards a hawk with a few accessories, Do I need to upgrade the suspension, load stabilizer, air bags, what do you think.
Would having the hawk protruding out an inch or two from the bed prohibit me from using the Aluminess bumper with a fuel can holder and a box for my generator. One more thought, any way to put a Coleman roof mounted A/C on the back opening for the fantastic fan. I thought I saw one mounted in a blog photo. Thank you

No suspension changes required. Put it on drive it a while then think about changes. I have the long bed and a Grandby and elected to put Timbrens on to maximize my ground clearance, but I could have lived without them just fine. I took off my aftermarket rear sway bars and air bags from when I had a full size camper on before. Did not need them anymore with the Grandby and did not want to worry about stretching an airbag on the backroads ruts.

Don't know what an AC unit weighs, but consider tryiong to push up the roof. Will likely need some gas spring stuts for lift assist. There is a thread her eabout those.

No idea about the bumper myself.

- Mike

Back
Top Bottom