2012 Four Wheel Camper Kestrel/Grandby

TahoeT

The original owner had an older Toyota Tundra and purchased a 2012 Kestrel so that the base would fit in his truck. However, he wanted the largest unit for his size and extra space. He custom ordered and received a 8' Kestrel with a Grandby frame. The inside has: king bed, sink, 2 burner propane stove, rear dinette, 2 vents (one is a fan also), Isotherm-2 way refrigerator, wave 3/5 heater set up with connector, Solar--Blue Sea ACR, BUSS 60A, VICTRON 100/30 controller, 280 Amp Hour Lifepo4 battery with BMS and battery monitor. Outside: 160 solar panel, special welded case for solar panel, Thule rack, propane tank, mechanical jacks, and 4 three inch extenders on the jacks for easy camper removal. I had the camper on a Ford F250 and made a simple wood base 2" high so that it would have a 1" clearance on both cab and railings. The camper is fully stable and with the 1" cab clearance provides optimum wind resistance and better gas mileage.
The reason for selling is that my wife and I a bought a 21' travel trailer 2 years ago. I live at 6,250' and cannot store the camper in Lake Tahoe. I have a 2022 Ford F350 and CA registration is now $860 a year. Wife said no second truck for me. I do not have a level concrete/asphalt area to load/unload and going through this process several times a year has become very stressful. I have struggled with this decision for several weeks, painful. Having issues with attaching photos-trying...
Please refer to Craigslist (Reno) for photos while I try to resolve my computer issues. Thx. Tim

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom