2013 Four Wheel Fleet Random Wire in Battery Area

Bootboiler

Hello folks, I bought a used 2013 Fleet, and it came with the rear Solar plug only, as ordered. I'd like a top plug but I don't like more holes, in any case, I think I will put a gland over the back one and connect MC4 and cap them, seems a reasonable way to go and no potential mess-ups. That said though, I noticed in the battery box a rolled up 12 AWG wire and I don't know what it is connected to and it is hard to follow, maybe others have this? See pic below, I was thinking it may be a wire to the top for a Top solar connector, a radio or a fan for the 3way fridge? I has no power. thanks for any assistance. See blue connectors...

1724371121423.png

Good idea. Definitely could be for a second fan, as it only has one which is powered. How hard could it be to simply label the wires?

Wouldn’t fan wires be smaller, a different color, and run to the fuse panel area rather than the battery compartment?

You are totally correct Jon. There is also one switch not used near the door and the coil is pretty long so it would reach, and it is a blank that says refer fan, which is used for 3 way fridges in hot weather, but your comment is again correct, 12AWG is too big for that. The wires ar 12AWG which seems to be consistent with a solar connection

My Grandby has a 12vdc/120vac compressor fridge and it has one of those fans on a switch at the door as you described. Same function - assists the fridge on warm days, especially if sun is on that side.

My Finch from 2010 was prewired with the same cables. They started at the water tank and ended roundabout in the middle of the roof.

I bought a 2013 Fleet new and ordered it with the roof solar plug (but not the rear and no factory solar panels.) The wires looked similar to yours, but can't check as several years later I installed my own solar system and my memory is not perfect. Those were the only extra wires in the compartment, however.

Back
Top Bottom