2013 Grandby rear flood lights.. alternative?

BBZ

Hey all.. would like to upgrade these.. anyone know of a plug and play LED version?

What lights was 4WC using in 2013, and were they direct wired or did they have a quick connect?

I think they switched to Grote 63991 wide floods (63981 are narrow, and I think more appropriate) at some point. The lumen output is higher than most low-beam headlights, they are/were made in the US, and are extremely high quality (with the associated cost). Note that the mount pattern for the swivel base on the Grotes is the same as the old halogen tractor lights, but since those were hard-wired, one needs to splice in the new pigtail connectors.

It's probably also a good idea to run a new ground wire back into a wiring harness, as the frame ground that 4WC uses is pretty finicky, and potentially high resistance (just a self tapping screw into the frame).

With the new swivel mounts and lights, you'll also need some butyl putty and outdoor silicone to make a watertight seal back to the camper siding.

Not the grote 63991.. Big regular ole flood lights with one halogen bulb, only swivel up and down.. would like to be able to direct them more.. Hard wired, no quick connect

I bought two of the lights at the link below and mounted them but they are not turning on. I think I need to run a new ground wire.

These are bright lights. I have seen similar lights that have lower wattage.

The location of the pivot and the distance the back of the light extends past the pivot prevents them from pointing straight back if mounted directly to the camper body. I made a 3/8" thick spacer to go between the base of each light and the side of the camper so they can be pointed straight back tor even straight down. I have them tilted to illuminate and area about 10 - 30 feet behind the rear of the camper which requires the spacers.
https://smile.amazon.com/6KLED-448-Worklight-FloodLight-Bowfishing/dp/B00DH3EY68?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Back
Top Bottom