2013 Toy Tacoma 60,000 mile service

RC Pilot Jim

Field Report

This past July (2019) the 2013 Tacoma had its 60,000 major service which it passed with 'flying colors' including the brakes...7 mil front and 12 rear (drums) except I needed the rotors turned the result of a panic stop towing the Samurai a few years ago that did not have towing brakes. 8,000 pounds and the brakes did great...more than up to the task.

I also had the camper battery checked. After 4 years (2 year warranty) battery (79 amp hour
AGM model Inimidator by East Penn Mfg.) is still at 105% of new. Attributed to keeping the battery at 99-100% all the time. I'm only driving the truck 2 days per week. It sits in a covered carport on the north side of the property. The solar panel is receiving enough light bounce from my neighbors white roof to maintain it.

In early June we attended the 4 Wheel Rally in Beckwourth, CA about an two hours north of Lake Tahoe/Truckee, CA. A 1,400 mile round trip for us, Truck,fridge and battery performed flawlessly. 4 liter V6 running on premium performs like a V8 hauling the 5500 pound plus rig around.

Happy summer traveling you all. Fall is coming.

Back
Top Bottom