2015 Fleet on a F150

Dandil

[SIZE=10.5pt]For the first time after several mid size trucks, I bought a full size F150. I had to replace my Nissan Frontier with 170K and I decided to put the Fleet on a full size truck for a couple of reasons. I felt the mid sized truck was always maxed out and storage was always a challenge. With the F150 and a Fleet, I had to make a platform to raise the camper to clear the cab roof and sidewalls of the box; so I gained storage room under the camper and extra room between the camper and the interior sides of the box. Also more room inside the truck, front and back seat. In the back seat I have storage compartments under a raised floor for stuff. On top of the raised floor is where the dog lives when on the road (more room for her as well). Because this is a Fleet, it's not any wider than the truck, so I should be able to go anywhere my Frontier/Fleet could go. However, when the camper is off the truck is when I will miss driving a mid sized truck. The F150 handles the weight like a truck with a mid sized load rather than the Frontier with a maxed out load. I haven't been on an extended road trip yet but I am looking forward to it next winter. We will be testing the rig with some shorter local trips this summer first.[/SIZE]

Attachments

• 1 f150 (1).jpg
    1 f150 (1).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 868
  • 2 F150 (1).jpg
    2 F150 (1).jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 835
  • 3 f150 (1).jpg
    3 f150 (1).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 695
Nice looking rig! Congrats on the F-150 great trucks. Nice job on the re-mount on the F-150.
Wayne

Nice looking set up. I just got a Fleet recently and plan on upgrading from a 1rst gen. Tacoma to a F150 or similar in the next few years.

Just curious if you made any suspension upgrades on your F150. I currently have a Fleet on my 2011 Tacoma but am considering moving it to a F150 equipped with Ford's Heavy Duty Payload Package. Fully loaded Fleet on my Tacoma overloads its payload capacity.
Dandil said:
[SIZE=10.5pt]For the first time after several mid size trucks, I bought a full size F150. I had to replace my Nissan Frontier with 170K and I decided to put the Fleet on a full size truck for a couple of reasons. I felt the mid sized truck was always maxed out and storage was always a challenge. With the F150 and a Fleet, I had to make a platform to raise the camper to clear the cab roof and sidewalls of the box; so I gained storage room under the camper and extra room between the camper and the interior sides of the box. Also more room inside the truck, front and back seat. In the back seat I have storage compartments under a raised floor for stuff. On top of the raised floor is where the dog lives when on the road (more room for her as well). Because this is a Fleet, it's not any wider than the truck, so I should be able to go anywhere my Frontier/Fleet could go. However, when the camper is off the truck is when I will miss driving a mid sized truck. The F150 handles the weight like a truck with a mid sized load rather than the Frontier with a maxed out load. I haven't been on an extended road trip yet but I am looking forward to it next winter. We will be testing the rig with some shorter local trips this summer first.[/SIZE]

Back
Top Bottom