2016 Hawk Side Dinette Air Conditioner

My .02 is the AC unit seems very solid. It appears to be installed professionally and does not look like it will leak. I have not been on a lot of washboards yet but some rough dirt and all seems well. I agree with the post that I cant't see it any heavier an offset than a gas or water can setup. Only time will tell though I hope FWC would comment here.

I'm willing to do the R&D. :D Texas heat is insane!

They look solid to me.

Attachments

• Hawk AC copy.jpg
    Hawk AC copy.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 392
I'm glad you posted this. I'd sortof removed the FWC from my choices. AC isn't an "option" in the Southeast.

ProVan has been mounting ACs on the old Tiger Vans like this for years, I've talked with several of the owners of those older van models and the ACs seem to be pretty solidly mounted.

I have the AC on my 2010 Hawk - My Truck Camper combo gets a work out hunting every year on a variety of tough roads - no problems yet!

The problem: My AC Stopped working and it has been difficult to find a similar model to fit the space.

My advice: If you do get the AC option - I would ask them for a replacement model that would fit the existing space - so you do not have to go searching - it should be relatively inexpensive - OR source one immediately after purchase as it may be harder to find in a couple of years.

I live in Canada - I really only got use out of my AC a handful of times during approx 100 nights - I could do without

Ramblinman said:
My advice: If you do get the AC option - I would ask them for a replacement model that would fit the existing space - so you do not have to go searching - it should be relatively inexpensive - OR source one immediately after purchase as it may be harder to find in a couple of years.
EXCELLENT advice!

I did this with the Moby1 XTR I bought. The only problem was the Moby had leaks and I was granted a refund (So happy its gone!) ... now I have a 5,000 BTU AC with nowhere to put it. Its ok though ... I can use it as a window unit during the next hurricane power outage with my Honda gen.

These small units are just over a hundred bucks.

Ok ...

Talked to Mike at FWC just now.

He did say the AC was available in the "Side Dinette" and "Roll over couch" ... Hawk and Grandby models. :)

He also said that they are working on designing the "Front dinette" model with AC ... no word yet on when it will be available.

Currently, the cost of AC is $700.

Build time on all models is 13-14 weeks.
you beat me to it. I was told the same. 700 for ac. not listed. you have to ask for it. was also told that the rear awning is going to be discontinued.

If you live in the Southwest consider a TurboKool roof mounted evaporative cooler (Stan said they had done at least one of those for a customer), or a K2 Swampy, a portable evaporative cooler.

These carry all the limitations of a evaporative cooler, but they do work provided humidity is low, but you will need water. Lots of water.

http://www.turbokool.com/

http://swampy.net/

One day someone will figure out how to run a real A/C compressor off of 12v. Until then.....

Just another .02 now that my Hawk has some road-time. The AC unit is rock solid with no leaks or looseness. I have spent a week in DV on it's washboards and all over Big Bend Natl and State park on many runs. I honestly do not think I would ever get my wife go with me here in a TX summer without the option. I admit I do not use it a lot but really nice having it available.

Is the rear AC opening the exact same size as the rear window? In other words, if you have one can you swap to the other easily?

Back
Top Bottom