2016 - Wyoming, Montana, & South Dakota

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
We traveled West for 18 days and visited Wyoming, Montana, and South Dakota. Part One of our trip is here:

Part One

Enjoy our trip. Many parts were outside our comfort range, and in the end they were some of the best parts of our trip. jd

What a great trip you had and the report is very interesting. I really enjoyed your story and all the wonderful pictures.
I am glad you had a good time.You traveled to a lot of the "other" places we have gone to on our Yellowstone trips.
It's a shame you didn't have more time in all the spots,but they will be there next time.
I am happy that I was able to give you some suggestions that worked for you.
Frank

Very nice TR, thanks for sharing. I lived in Wyoming briefly and although I love visiting it, the winters are just too long for my liking.

Glad you finally got to wet your line. I didn't know that that area also has a Virginia City and a Nevada City.

We had a similar mountain slide just south of Reno in 1983 that killed one and injured several others.

slide.jpg

Wonderful John! I waited until the Lady could join in on the read. We finished Part One and would head back to the Wind River Range in a heart beat. So wonderful to see the area again in your photos. We'll dig into the following parts after dinner. Thanks for sharing! :)

The seventh and final post has been uploaded.

Part Seven

Thank you again to all that provided us great recommendations for some of our adventures. This was s great trip. Thanks for taking the time to read through all of these.

jd

Nice trip report, you covered a lot of miles. Your mix of camping and motels is on par with what my wife wants to do when we do a big trip.

I was thinking about your trip from mid-September forward, hoping things went well for you. Glad you made it to see and experience some of my favorite places. Thanks for posting such a nice TR!

Foy

John glad your trip was a success. Enjoyed "riding" along.
Your photos were great,lots of great scenery ,and animals.
Keep fly fishing it will give you the patience s you need to wait for the eagles.
Thanks again.
Frank

Thanks for the report. I enjoyed reading it and seeing your photos. You visited some great and favorite places. I've never seen a concrete log house before. Interesting.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Reading so many trip reports is like being on the trip with each of you. They also plant seeds for future trips. Jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom