2017 Hawk 110 Plug socket not working.

Fishincounts

Hi
My 2017 Hawk 110 power plug is not working. no power to it but the USB and other plug outlet does charge a phone or the Usb works too. The GFI is not tripped.
It does not work when plugged into shore power i. The 15 Amp fuse is not blown out.
Any suggestions what to try next.

Thanks
Chris

I’m putting the memory into the wayback machine. I sorta recall a circuit breaker. You might try cycling it.

Does your converter charge the battery when on shore power?

I believe there should be LEDs on the AC distribution panel (also known as a 'load center'). There should be one for the master ('Main') and one for each branch circuit.

If so, are any of them on when you're plugged in to shore power? If any of them are on, you have AC power at least to the panel.

If the master breaker is off or bad, you have no AC power to anything. If the master is good (and on) but one of the branch circuit breakers is off, you'll have no power to that branch circuit... but the other branch circuit will have power. (See the label for what's on each branch circuit)

Also- reset the GFI as shown in the video. They sometimes stop working without showing evidence of being tripped.

See the first few minutes of this video:

Chris, that sounds like the AC outlet's GFI may be bad. However, you might try resetting the GFI button again while listening (and feeling) for the clicks the button makes (as we see in the video). I've occasionally had to push a GFI reset button harder than expected to get the reset to work.

If the GFI won't reset, it may have failed. It's my understanding GFIs occasionally go bad because of moisture, heat or other issues.

Another possibility is an electrical fault in the circuit. In other words, the GFI won't reset because the fault still exists.

Also- How did you notice the outlet wasn't working? Did you plug something in and hear the GFI trip? Are you trying the reset with nothing plugged in to the outlet?

The IOTA converter has it’s own blade fuse, usually located near the rear of the IOTA. That could be blown. If power is reaching the IOTA you’ll see led lights on it and hear the cooling fan.

OK Thanks for all the replies and information.
I tried to push it in hard and nothing. it has not ever worked sense i got it in July of this year

Thank you all.

I need to check the IOTA Converter this evening when i get home. if not that i will just change out the GFI.
I will let you know what it was!

Thanks
Chris

Just to confirm that at the circuit breakers that all of them are in the on position. Flip them all off and on in case one of those breakers need to be reset.

Great. Now is the silver knob pulled out to allow the IOTA to start changing the battery?

For the GFIC 110 ac plug, plug something in and see if you have power. Try pushing hard on the reset button now that you have reset breakers. The GFIC can not reset unless there is power to it.

I pushed very had this time
It works got it unstuck
I never had to press that hard on one at home etc!
But it works
Now I can use a coffee maker or a kurg!
Is it normal for the heater thermostat to turn off and turn on like three or 4° above and three or 4° below the set temperature?

Glad you got it sorted out. Some GFIC buttons are hard to push and might need a flat blade screwdriver to add more pressure.

Thermostats are not a calibrated device. Some are better than others. There is drift plus and minus turning on and off. Some have adjustments under the cover that you can adjust. The turn off at a higher temp allows the furnace to have a break, cool off then go at it again.

What thermostat do you have? Can you post a picture of it inside and out?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom