2018 Texas Trip #4

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
We made our way from Indiana back to Galveston Island State Park. This trip is our forth consecutive trip to Galveston and may very well have been the best. We had 80 degree temperatures for a couple of days and the rest were in the low to mid 70's. Sunshine each day. We had one thunderstorm that happened at 4:30 p.m. and was over by 5:00 p.m. so it didn't cut into our day.

Susan's twin sister lives in La Marque, TX and her older sister in Houston. We celebrated St. Patrick's Day in La Marque.

We try and visit some historic sites down on the Strand (Galveston Historic District). We visited the Bryan Museum which was a former orphanage that survived the 1900 hurricane. It is now a museum that houses the history of Texas.

We also visited the Railroad Museum. We walked through old cars and toured rooms full of china, silverware from the early railroad days.

Galveston 2018

Please enjoy our week in Galveston, Texas.

Looks like a good trip. Those beach shots look pretty nice as I look out my window at 8 inches of new snow! Thanks for the report.

Nice photos longhorn1
Nice to hear that y'all had fun, I saw the bags from WB before I read, and New where exactly what it was. Sure like to visit and have me a WB when I'm down there.
Russ

Great report, especially love the pics of the ATSF Super Chief. Always good times when you spend them with family. I've never been to that part of the country and now I have a hankering to get out there. Never been to a Whataburger, though I've enjoyed many gastronomic journeys to In-N-Out and Five Guys.

Thanks for taking us along! :)

We so enjoy your glimpses of places we've never been. What a grand way to combine, travel. camping, and family! Thanks John! :)

Back
Top Bottom