2019 - Idaho, Montana, South Dakota

Wow, what a ride. A great trip and many thanks for taking us along.

For future reference, Jackson HS and Elkhorn HS in the Big Hole and Grasshopper Valley, respectively, are developed soaks with food and lodging. Elkhorn can be hit or miss as a WTW'er unfortunately discovered a couple of years ago, but at times it's fine. Sharkey's HS just over Lemhi Pass is developed to the extent the BLM has built two concrete pools and changing houses/bathrooms but it.s a nice wide open setting. All 3 are drive-ups.

Great to see the pastries at Wheat, Montana also!

Foy

Foy, I owe a big part of it to you. The Gravelly Range Road was awesome and a real treat. Thanks, jd
Foy said:
Wow, what a ride. A great trip and many thanks for taking us along.

For future reference, Jackson HS and Elkhorn HS in the Big Hole and Grasshopper Valley, respectively, are developed soaks with food and lodging. Elkhorn can be hit or miss as a WTW'er unfortunately discovered a couple of years ago, but at times it's fine. Sharkey's HS just over Lemhi Pass is developed to the extent the BLM has built two concrete pools and changing houses/bathrooms but it.s a nice wide open setting. All 3 are drive-ups.

Great to see the pastries at Wheat, Montana also!

Foy

Yes, wow what a ride! Great to see you with your fly rod on some of the classic trout rivers of the West. Cool! Seeing your travels makes us want to hop into the truck and camper right now. Thanks for allowing us to come along!

longhorn1 said:
Foy, I owe a big part of it to you. The Gravelly Range Road was awesome and a real treat. Thanks, jd
You're entirely too kind. I enjoy preaching the gospel of Southwestern Montana/Big Hole/Bannack/Beaverhead-Deerlodge NF almost as much as I enjoy visiting it. Glad it was of some assistance to you and SueB.

Foy

Great travel post! Planning a two week fishing trip on the St. Lawrence next June. Thanks for the blogs.
Wayne

Back
Top Bottom