2020 - Chasing the Aspens & an Occasional Rainbow Trout

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
***ALL REPORTS ARE UP AND READY FOR VIEWING***

We left Indiana on 9/9/2020 and returned home on 10/9/2020. One month on the road, away from Covid-19 and Politics. This was our longest trip and good for the soul. 4,663 miles, fourteen (14) mountain passes, Rocky Mountain National Park, Trail Ridge Road multiple times, 4 Colorado State Parks, Forest Service campgrounds, BLM campground, dispersed camping, and a couple of Harvest Host Wineries / Breweries on the way home.

We visited Steamboat Springs, Grand Lake, Georgetown, Aspen, Lake City, Telluride, Ridgway, Crested Butte, and Creede.

Hope to start posting our blog in the coming weeks.

There are Six Parts and I will be adding them here:

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six

Enjoy. Lots of free time when you are 100% retired. Remember you can click on the photos to enlarge them.
jd

JD, we sure enjoyed your trip story and photos! The aspens are great and it looks like your timing was just right for color. That was quite a trip and you visited many wonderful places. We even recognized a few of them. :) What a great time. Thanks for sharing with us! :)

thx for the excellent TR ! i appreciate the references to restaurants, and the outfit that did some changes/upgrades to your camper. it gets me to thinking that i need to make/create some kind of travel folder for each state, with your recommendations, among others. thx for the great pics, and good for you on your timing.
go

Looks like an epic trip John. Interesting concept--100% retired. People do that, eh? Need to look into that myself.

Sorry to leave you hanging on the rock stuff. Deadlines 9/15, 9/30, and 10/15 kept me thoroughly tied up through late last week. About that retirement business again?

Love the 1950s Ford 4WD truck (converted to a camper?). Any other info on it?

Many thanks and talk soon,

Foy

Back
Top Bottom