2020 Granby- easiest way to get into area below sink?

steve whiteside

Hey Everyone, My camper has been pretty much trouble free since we bought it 2 years ago. Ive used it a good amount. Recently, I had some utensils shake out of their tray and go though the access hole towards the furnace. Yes i spent about 3 hours on a washboard road. :)

Ive recovered 75% of the missing spoons, forks, knives but I cant get to the rest from the front of the cabinets. Is there an easy way to remove the sink or the counter top or something else? I would like to look down onto the furnace and the water heater.

I can replace the utensils easily but I don't want anything moving around in there with concerns about abrasion or electrical shorting.

Anything easy?

steve

My front dinette Hawk exhibits similar utensil redistributive action. I have an inexpensive Harbor Freight inside-the-wall viewer on a flexible cable. Costco occasionally sells a similar device. With it, I have been able to locate missing utensils and by using the water pump access, I have been able to retrieve them.

Someone here posted a cutting board modification that covers all the silverware to prevent them from bouncing out of the drawer in those road conditions and provides a place to store the cutting board. I suspect one could make a cloth or mesh cover that would serve the same purpose. Use snaps on the cloth to hold it in place.

Metal utensils are placed in a ziplock bag & stored with the other cooking utensils in the cabinet below the drawer.
Good hunting!

Paul

PaulT said:
My front dinette Hawk exhibits similar utensil redistributive action. I have an inexpensive Harbor Freight inside-the-wall viewer on a flexible cable. Costco occasionally sells a similar device. With it, I have been able to locate missing utensils and by using the water pump access, I have been able to retrieve them.

Someone here posted a cutting board modification that covers all the silverware to prevent them from bouncing out of the drawer in those road conditions and provides a place to store the cutting board. I suspect one could make a cloth or mesh cover that would serve the same purpose. Use snaps on the cloth to hold it in place.

Metal utensils are placed in a ziplock bag & stored with the other cooking utensils in the cabinet below the drawer.
Good hunting!

Paul
I had not thought of the inspection tool camera thingy. I actually own one already. Good idea. steve

My ‘21 Grandby came with a cutting board that fits snugly over the utensils. I’d assume you could order one from FWC, or make one pretty easily.

DarinH said:
My ‘21 Grandby came with a cutting board that fits snugly over the utensils. I’d assume you could order one from FWC, or make one pretty easily.
I seem to recall that mine came with the same cutting board. I think we removed it for easy access. Haha let me see if I can dig it up. I was also thinking to tape over that hole going towards the sink.

We keep our utensils in some a couple of small stuff bags in the drawer, one for knifes, forks, and spoons, and the other for spatulas, can opener, stove sparker, big spoons and forks, etc. A spring clamp on the drawstrings keep them from spilling and they are easy to take out and set on the table or counter when using them.

I've always used my cell phone to look in there for items. Turn on the phone camera, turn on the flashlight feature, and hit video record. Move the phone around in there recording, and then watch the short video clip. Works well. No special snake camera needed.

ramblinChet said:
You can also have fun fun and try magnet fishing.
Good idea! And cool enough the stainless used in my utensils is magnetic! As an update, I think I got most of them. Not totally sure I had a full set to begin with. Wife and I just drove from US border down to Bay of LA in baja so I expect some movement with anything that was left. I will poke around in there tomorrow. Thanks, steve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom