2022 Hawk Water System Leak Help

grandiodyssey

Hi All,

When preparing our 2022 Hawk for an upcoming trip I noticed that the water pump wasn't turning itself off like it normally does when the faucet is turned off. The pump ran with the faucet closed for an about a minute I then noticed a pool of water underneath the dinette. Upon further inspection water had been leaking from the end cap on one of the plastic pipes under at the counter that has several fittings attached to it but luckily I was able to clean up the spill around the battery box and water tank before it caused any damage. I tried removing and retightening the end cap but the leak persisted so its looks like the O ring perhaps the plastic cap itself is bad.

Does anyone know where to find a replacement plastic cap with O ring? The markings on the pipe are "b137.5 astm F877" but I cant seem to find a cap that is an internal seal that is designed to by used with a bass threaded collar.

Also I'm not sure if the leak caused the pump to keep running without shutting itself off or if the pump kept running by itself with the faucet closed and over pressurized the system causing the leak.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3917.jpg
    IMG_3917.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3922.jpg
    IMG_3922.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3921.jpg
    IMG_3921.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 20
and to answer your question about why the pump was running, a small leak will prevent the pump from reaching the "Set" pressure, so it will continue to run (and make the leak damage worse!) until the leak is fixed.

Back
Top Bottom