2023 Hawk furnace problem.

OP,

I had this issue as well, no furnace when camping at 15 degrees F. BBrrrrrrrrr.

I thought trimming the ducting was enough, but it wasn't. I also had to remove the air deflector, the round spinning center piece of the furnace face that allows you to change the angle the air is blown.

Furnace functioned fine at about 4000ft elevation but when I was camping up at 8500ft, the center plastic piece had to be removed as well.

Hope this helps!

craig333 said:
Unfortunately FWC is too small a player to be able to put pressure on the manufacturer.
Certainly understand that but reading about the vent pipe and possibly the center of the heater vent needing to be modified to make the heater work? That is in FWC to come up with a fix for that problem, which seems to be pretty prevalent especially at higher altitudes.

The reason I even bring this up is that I am looking at getting a pop up and have it narrowed down to FWC and Hallmark. Just trying to do my due diligence.

Wyo4Life said:
Certainly understand that but reading about the vent pipe and possibly the center of the heater vent needing to be modified to make the heater work? That is in FWC to come up with a fix for that problem, which seems to be pretty prevalent especially at higher altitudes.

The reason I even bring this up is that I am looking at getting a pop up and have it narrowed down to FWC and Hallmark. Just trying to do my due diligence.
If you haven’t considered an ATC pop up, you may want to take a look. They’re similar to the old FWC pop ups, and pretty much bullet proof. ATC is known for custom work, and more importantly for customer service/focus… plus usually less expensive.

kmcintyre said:
I've asked them about this... they are in a bind. They can't use some of the other options as they aren't certified to be used in campers, etc. I'm sure they'd switch to another furnace if they could.

Not "certified"? Could you elaborate; a new one on me.

Thanks...

Wallowa said:
Not "certified"? Could you elaborate; a new one on me.

Thanks...
They can't just put any heater (or other equipment) in a camper. The equipment has to be certified. I'm sure it's a libility issue and why you don't see them putting in some of the diesel heaters, etc.

kmcintyre said:
They can't just put any heater (or other equipment) in a camper. The equipment has to be certified. I'm sure it's a libility issue and why you don't see them putting in some of the diesel heaters, etc.

Understood...but where did you see that the heaters used in FWCs are not certified for use in RVs?

Wallowa said:
Understood...but where did you see that the heaters used in FWCs are not certified for use in RVs?
I said they are certified and that they can't put in furnaces that aren't.

There are at least a couple of other brands of heaters I am aware of being used today in RV’s today. Truma and Alde.
I don’t have direct experience with either of them but have heard really positive things about them. Maybe FWC should take a look at them if they have not already.

The truma looks interesting and not sure why that wouldn't be used.

Wyo4Life said:
There are at least a couple of other brands of heaters I am aware of being used today in RV’s today. Truma and Alde.
I don’t have direct experience with either of them but have heard really positive things about them. Maybe FWC should take a look at them if they have not already.

Back
Top Bottom