2218 BTU 24 VDC AC Unit

CoreyTrevor

I didn't want to jack the other AC thread so...

I'm looking at this 24VDC, 2218 BTU, 240 watt, A/C unit, running it off a DC-DC converter. I would figure a way to mount it outside and duct it into the FWC.

https://www.zerobreeze.com/products/zero-breeze-mark-2?variant=29542713688166

Expensive, but so would be buying a 120V unit and a Honda generator. I also don't want to carry a generator or gasoline or deal with the noise and hassle. The DC option is free to operate once purchased, until something breaks.

It looks like it draws 240 watts. I have 330w of solar now and could easily add a panel and be at 440w. It should be no problem to run it with full sun, and the panels also shade a lot of my roof, with a good air gap/flow underneath.

I'm going to insulate the camper really well, with a good thermal pack with radiant barrier layer. Reflectix in the walls and R5 to R10 in the floor pack. Maybe Reflectix in the ceiling. Window covers. I know it will still leak a ton of heat, but I can make a big improvement.

If I can get a 15 degree drop from outside to inside, I think I would be fine in 100 degree temps, especially with the AC blowing at me. Cutting the radiant heat from the sun hitting the vinyl should also make a huge difference.

I'm wondering what kind of results people are getting with the 120v 5000 watt units, and what kind of temperature differential from inside to outside those units can provide. Also, whether they are using a thermal pack or any extra insulation. That would give me something to compare to, as I have no RV A/C experience.

Has anyone tried anything like this in a FWC/ATC type camper?

Thanks for any thoughts on this. :)

Back
Top Bottom