3-way Dometic exterior fridge fan constantly running

rock and roll

Advanced Member
Hello WTW!

It's been a while. My wife and I are currently in Southern Ecuador and we have a question for those of you familiar with 3-way refrigerators... first off: it appears to be running normal. Both AC and propane keep the contents cool as needed.

The problem is that it appears to be working very hard. Even at high altitude (10k') with cool temperatures the exterior fan is running often. If we're parked in the sun even at a temperature of around 70 degrees the fan is running more often than it is not.

Am I crazy to worry or are we a few weeks away from being in the market for a RV fridge shipped to Peru?

I reviewed the manual provided and searched google a bit, but can't even find out what kicks on the fan (temp or cooling process). Any help is appreciated.

The problem is that it appears to be working very hard. Even at high altitude (10k') with cool temperatures the exterior fan is running often. If we're parked in the sun even at a temperature of around 70 degrees the fan is running more often than it is not.

Am I crazy to worry or are we a few weeks away from being in the market for a RV fridge shipped to Peru?

I do not know the technical answer but the refrigerator on my 2009 Hawk does the same. As soon as the sun comes up
the fan usually goes on. It turns off when the sun goes down. In very cold weather it won't turn on at all. The solar panel seems to handle the fan power usage. I doubt it uses much juice. Refrigerator works fine.

Keith Barnes
La Mesa CA

Back
Top Bottom