303 inside?

Does anyone use 303 protectant inside? If it treats the vinyl to prevent drying & cracking then it might be prudent. Some UV gets in through the windows, too. Or would it be overkill?

We use it on Inflatable boats at work, so I started using it on my autos years ago. Good stuff, no petroleum base or additives. Will keep the fabric pliable and help block UV. Use it on fabric in and out and all weather striping etc. If you ever need to patch an area treated with it, you must use a solvent to remove it or glue adhesion could be poor.

2020 said:
Does anyone use 303 protectant inside? If it treats the vinyl to prevent drying & cracking then it might be prudent. Some UV gets in through the windows, too. Or would it be overkill?
Question is using "303" on the inside vinyl surfaces. An assumption that UV degrades plastics/rubber/vinyl is a valid one; but, how much UV can penetrate the window screens or clear plastic flaps on the FWC? I suspect darn little and what does is diffused and of little significance in damaging vinyl or plastic inside the camper.

"303" strength is that it does a good job of reducing, not eliminating, UV damage. Honestly I see no real value to using it on inside unless other contaminants exist in the camper that "303" could protect the vinyl from [ozone?].

Think about the inside of rubber boat tubes, no "303" and no cracking/degradation on inside only on sun exposed outside,

But hey, I could be wrong. ;)

Phil

Ps...Second thought. Perhaps making the surface inside slicker with "303" will improve the folding issues with the top down. Lessen damage in folds?

Haven't since I would have to remove the thermal liner and haven't want to mess with it. Do the outside twice a year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Marty told me when we had the camper installed to use 303.
I use it inside and out on the liner. Make sure you get the right one as there are several other products from this company but only this one for our liner material.
Frank

IMG_1611.jpg

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Marty told me when we had the camper installed to use 303.
I use it inside and out on the liner. Make sure you get the right one as there are several other products from this company but only this one for our liner material.
Frank

attachicon.gif
IMG_1611.jpg

Seriously ?? On the thermal liner? Or did I misunderstand that? If yes you do use it on thermal liner, why?

Thanks,

Phil

Wallowa said:
Seriously ?? On the thermal liner? Or did I misunderstand that? If yes you do use it on thermal liner, why?

Thanks,

Phil
Phil I don't have a thermal liner that was another members camper.
I do use it on both sides.
Usually before and after a big trip and when the camper is out of use for the winter.
But it wouldn't hurt to use it on the thermal liner,same material.
Frank

It would probably not be a bad idea to use the 303 Protectant on the inside of the pop-up material.

I would NOT spray it on the thermal pack (arctic pack) and I might not spray it on the clear plastic windows.

But coating the inside of the pop-up liner once a year would probably do you well and help to keep the material going strong for years to come.

:)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Phil I don't have a thermal liner that was another members camper.
I do use it on both sides.
Usually before and after a big trip and when the camper is out of use for the winter.
But it wouldn't hurt to use it on the thermal liner,same material.
Frank

Frank,

My misunderstanding, sorry....when you referred to a "liner" I thought you meant the thermal liner...in my jargon the vinyl between the top and body of the camper is the siding...

Phil

Yes bombsight. I've never had an issue using it on the plastic windows or anything else. Even items it might not help on it won't hurt them.

Back
Top Bottom