303 vinyl products

I believe 303 is a brand so it all should be the same. The full name of the stuff I use is 303 Aerospace Protectant and the 303 part is copy righted and the Aerospace Protectant part is trademarked.

Mickey,

I have 303 Aerospace Protectant (Gold Eagle Co., Chicago) in a spray bottle to spray the vinyl. I also have 303 in a 1 gallon by Sunbrella, 303 Products, Inc.Palo Cedro, CA. The 303 logo is the same. I believe one of them came from FWC in the Go ready package. I just can't remember which one I got from Amazon. However, it was written up in a post so I ordered it and then one came from FWC. This might be a good one for Stan to answer. Jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Gold Eagle Company manufactures 303 Aerospace Protectant and 303 Cleaner (plus a couple other 303 products which are irrelevant to our discussion).

303Brand.png

http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/303-products

303 Protectant is to be used on a clean surface only. 303 Cleaner is used to clean the surface.

303 Protectant is a water based silicone free dressing used to help preserve and protect vinyl.

Imagine dressing being like Armor All (which sucks btw). you wouldn't put it on dirty tires.
You would clean the tires first. This is where 303 Cleaner comes in. Clean your vinyl with it and the use the protectant to protect the surface.

You could use good old soap and water to clean the vinyl but ideally you would want to use something pH balanced. eg. you wouldn't wash your face with Sunlight soap, it would be very clean, but it would dry out your skin.

The purpose of using a product like 303 Protectant is to protect your vinyl from UV damage and to help prevent it from drying out. This is why you would use a product like 303 Cleaner. To clean it without drying it out. Then you use the protectant to essentially seal it and help moisturize it.

I sold detailing products for a while. Detailing is one of my hobbies outside of motorsports, hiking and camping.

Bill D or anyone, Spent hours cleaning the significant rubber stain left on the vinyl from the rubber gasket with the 303 cleaner. It got a good 95% of it. Will continue working on it; however, do you have any suggestions for getting the last of the deeply embedded stuff other than more elbow grease?

Mickey Bitsko said:
Good news , this is a very informative site,

Thank you for all your input,

Mickey
When you get the 303 product make sure you get the Aerospace Protectant as it's the only one for our liner material.
The company makes other products to protect different things but they can't be used you the liner.
The product is great,I use it inside and out a couple times a year.
Framk

strayDog,

Have you tried a mister clean magic eraser?

I use it on all kinds of surfaces, plastic, metal, etc. and it works great. Just be aware it can scratch or dull some shiny surfaces.

We buy it by the gallons for use on inflatable boats/river rafts at our shop, great stuff. Works well for your vehicle interior also, no petroleum products to leach into the plastics.

We bought a new sea ray back in 96 and they told us the vlnyl manufacturer recommended 303 because it does not seal up the pours so it can be repaired. I have used it since. Good stuff.

EDR said:
strayDog,

Have you tried a mister clean magic eraser?

I use it on all kinds of surfaces, plastic, metal, etc. and it works great. Just be aware it can scratch or dull some shiny surfaces.
Thank you EDR, will check it out.

Back
Top Bottom