4th Annual Nor Cal FWC Customer Campout (April 22nd- 25th, 2016)

OK, doody, I'll weigh in...

As a new Hawk owner and an avid reader of the epic turnbuckle thread here on WtW, I asked Tom what kind of turnbuckles he had on his tricked out Toyota to hold his FWC on with. He explained that he has the same standard aluminum turnbuckles that they use on all of their factory installs. Mostly because he would prefer that any failures occur there and not in the truck bed or camper body.

Obviously YMMV.

Dave

That was a busy weekend for me. We discussed the price increase and Tom said many of the previous optional items are now standard including the screen door, LED cabin lights and door/awning light, and new for this year the refrigerator.

I do not recall which one though I'm assuming its the three way absorption model as a buyer would have to purchase 2 batteries and a 150 watt roof solar panel to use the compressor fridge off hookups (RV campground) .

Had our Hawk out for an overnight up the Silver Fork of the American River on Monday and recalled something else that Tom said at the Campout. He pretty much promised that there would be a complete, up-to-date, owner's manual available online by the end of May. I haven't seen it on the FWC webpage as of today... hopefully he did not mean May 2017 ;-)

Back
Top Bottom