4wc water tank??

smileyd

Advanced Member
What kind of water tank or water jugs do you use in your 4wc???

I need to purchase one and need some ideas.

4wc water tank

I'm happy with the OEM one that came with my 2006 Hawk. It's rectangular, 20 gallon and with a water pump it's great for the sink, shower , etc. Perhaps you can get the name of the OEM supplier from FourWheel?

water jug source

Hi Smileyd,

It has been at least eight years since we have done Baja, but there were businesses in most towns that sold purified water and ice. The water was available in large jugs like those used on office water coolers, or you could refill containers you already had. Maybe you could build a cabinet to hold one or two of these and refill them as you go. Of course, your trip is going to other countries, so I'm not sure if this will work there. Maybe another member that has traveled further south can chime in about fresh water sources.

Ted

Ben and Marty where do you get a water tank for a 4wc

I need more advice everyone. Please help!!

Maybe pictures of your water tank would help too

Attachments

• scepter_can_FIG5.jpg
    scepter_can_FIG5.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 402
The water tanks had several different shapes over the years. To figure out what one you had or need we would need you to show a photo of your water fill door, and the space where the tank was. Then we would ask Jeff what would work. Have you removed the cabinet front yet. That is the area I am referring to. And some of the older tanks are no longer made. And ( COAST DISTRIBUTION ) has an on line catalog. I believe they have tanks. And also I think we may be abel to have one made.

Marty

We are looking for a water tank. Yes, we have a sink. What did the camper come with??

Sorry about the mess as you all know we are under major construction here. haha

Attachments

• phpydZ1ppPM.jpg
    phpydZ1ppPM.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 395
  • phpTO3RnxPM.jpg
    phpTO3RnxPM.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 405
water system...

Hi Angelina....we have decided that the simpler the better and since we have a shell camper, can go with whatever we want. We have found that it is just as easy or easier to use a folding washbasin (ours is an Ortlieb) for a sink and a 5 gallon water jug (or garrafon in Spanish) such is used all over Mexico and central America. In fact we buy filtered water for drinking here in NM and use the same thing at home. We also carry a 2.5 gallon container so that when the garrafon is about half empty we can put the rest of the water in the smaller container and be ready to fill the garrafon. Since every area that sells water that way we find that it is hard to trade in the empty for a full one like the locals do so I carry a syphon hose and just syphon the H2O from the new jug to my old and leave the empty with the tienda who sold it to me. You can buy a cheap pull/pump for it in almost any supermarket or "plastico" store in Mexico.
Even though the water is not to be trusted for drinking in some other countries...when we camp where there is water, we use the local water for everything but drinking and teeth brushing. We wash our vegies and fruit in the folding basin and just add a capful of bleach to the water and let them soak for a spell.
Friends who have actual RV systems actually never buy water there but fill their freshwater tanks with local water, super-chloronate and then filter for drinking with a Brita filter or something.....I do have friends who say they can still taste the bleach when they do that though. Some folks with more exotic systems actually have expensive and elaborate filters BEFORE the tank and run water through them....you need an auxillary pump for that though since water pressure there is rarely enough to do the job.
I only go into it this deep since I know you have designs on the southlands...;^)
Brian

Marty mentioned Coast Distribution. Here is the link to their retail distributor’s sites http://www.go-rv.com/coast/do/chooseState

Brian makes some good points. If you decide to go with a portable solution, you might replace the counter top and gain valuable counter space.

The reliance sink is a portable one that doubles as a water jug. I saw it on Targets site but less $ at
www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0009091511014a.shtml

I’ve used the collapsible ones like this one that doesn’t take up much storage space
http://www.basegear.com/kitchensink.html

Attachments

• reliancewashngo.jpg
    reliancewashngo.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 360
  • ggoutbackkitchensink.jpg
    ggoutbackkitchensink.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 368
we will have one made for us

Thanks for the advice. We definately want to keep our sink. I will look into having a tank made for our dimensions soon.

I would just get water everywhere with a basin.. Im laughing just thinking about how bad Dorian would be. That is pretty resourceful though.

Water tank

We had the tanks made for us at FWC by a company in Colorado called The Metal Company. If you need a tank made to a specific size with specific fittings, they can do it. They make our tanks that we use today also.

If you need their number, give me a call.

800-446-1003

For a portable solution, the square 2.5 gallon water jugs they sell at every grocery store, fit perfectly and snug on their side in the sink.

I fill one before I leave home, lay it in the sink and when I get to camp I set it out on a table for washing hands, cooking, rinsing off stuff, etc. If you cook outside a lot, it's a good solution for getting water without having to go back in and out of the camper. The weight when filled keeps it in place when travelling, but it can still be pulled out of the sink (barely) with the top down during a quick stop.

This also allows you to carry an additional 2.5 gallons of water in a space that is generally wasted. Once I didn't put the cap back on tightly and it leaked some, right into the sink and out the drain. No mess no fuss. I tried to carry a second one in my icebox, and although it fit, it was too much weight for the door the first time I went off-road and it came flying out of the icebox when the trail got bumpy. Think topes. I suppose a snap strap on the icebox door might help it stay closed better.

Anyway, as long as we're bouncing around ideas......

B0005YL4JM.01-A3CDPEGSIQM61V._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V41824498_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom