4x4 labs modular rear bumper

It occurred to me that this style of bumper will make taking the camper off the truck pretty difficult :(

I Can

See some backup problems assosiated with that kind of a setup, do you really think that's what you need?

I just need to figure out where to carry some extra fuel. Too bad that modular bumper system isn't built for Ford - I really like the bike rack module for that.

If It's About Extra Fuel

There are a lot of outfits that make replacement fuel tanks for all pickup trucks, probably for less money than one of those bumpers. And the fuel will be where it belongs, under the truck, not hanging off your rear end, which I think is a really bad idea.

There are a lot of outfits that make replacement fuel tanks for all pickup trucks, probably for less money than one of those bumpers. And the fuel will be where it belongs, under the truck, not hanging off your rear end, which I think is a really bad idea.

I don't like the idea of having fuel back there either. The replacement tanks are expensive, and the bumper option offers the ability to carry other things like bikes - but you are right I'll probably just need to get the bigger tank.

It occurred to me that this style of bumper will make taking the camper off the truck pretty difficult :(

I don't see how. What makes you think that :confused:

I don't see how. What makes you think that :confused:

Well the swing away stuff would be in the way. Wouldn't clear the jacks.

I guess it depends on the type your using :D

I'm actually surprised I thought of this in advance of getting the bumper. A more normal course of action would have been for me to get the bumper installed and then have an oh **** moment as I tried to remove the camper :confused:

DD

Check out the Aluminess site. Under trucks, they show a Super Duty with a 4 Wheel camper with their bumper and two swing outs. I don't see a problem with this set up. Also cable jack's as well as Reico Titans swing ups would work.

Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho-o-o-oh!

ford-truck-bumper-7_lg.jpg

I still say the camper aint coming off of that truck unless those arms are removed from the bumper. I'll contact them and find out.

Man

That sure looks like a lot of weight pretty far aft of the axel, Dog, the camper might come off the truck with that rig, but it's probably like my truck, I have about a 1/4 inch on either side because of the fender flares, It's a no go with a 10 knot cross wind.

Back
Top Bottom