5 days sorry no snow just sun!

lqhikers

We just got back yesterday so thought we would share a few sun and 70 degree weather pictures with all of you.We left La Quinta on Monday, meet up with some snowbird friends at 5 palm oasis(artesian well drilled when General Patton trained in area during WW2) which is off of Hwy 78 near Glamis dune area(pic 1&2).Did some desert hiking while watching the jets doing their thing over the bombing range,found old jeep was rigged up to lay bobwire(pic 3) ,but to new for war training so was no doubt dumped by farmer in area.After spending the night we headed through El Central to Hwy S2 and into Anza Borrego State park.At Cane Break Canyon we turned off S2 and headed down wash to Arroyo Seco Del Diablo.Set up camp at Hollywood and Vine( if you know the area you know where we spent the night!)(pic 4)Enjoyed the sun rise then went exploring in washes and trails.Arroyo Tapiado area,why i have two sets of tie downs!(pic5)Spent next night at this spot great views and great desert hiking(pic 6)pretty group of rocks also defaced by visitors shame!(pic 7)tight spot 6" on each side (Jay you should stay off this trail as you have a problem judging distance from what i read!)(pic 8)Near start of trail (pic 9) Spent the last night at Agua Caliente hot springs.Next day explored Pinyon Mtn. Valley trail towards Split Rock,did some hikes up to ridges and found some traces of true rock art in area of course left camera in truck so no pictures!Thats our short trip report perfect weather did not see any fwc/atc.drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

Attachments

• P1010015 (Medium).jpg
    P1010015 (Medium).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 383
  • P1010019 (Medium).jpg
    P1010019 (Medium).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 380
  • P1010021 (Medium).jpg
    P1010021 (Medium).jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 377
  • P1010027 (Medium).jpg
    P1010027 (Medium).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 389
  • P1010033 (Medium).jpg
    P1010033 (Medium).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 371
More sun pictures!

A few more.LQHIKERS

Attachments

• P1010039 (Medium).jpg
    P1010039 (Medium).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 381
  • P1010046 (Medium).jpg
    P1010046 (Medium).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 385
  • P1010056 (Medium).jpg
    P1010056 (Medium).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 373
  • P1010063 (Medium).jpg
    P1010063 (Medium).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 384
Great report along with pictures and some history too. Thanks for sharing. Wish we could get out more and do trips, but work gets in the way.

Awesome! You definitely have your priorities right. Truck and camper are looking great.

Great pics, looks like there is a lot of cool terrain to explore out there. Love the oasis pics. Thanks for posting.

Iqhikers,

If it's not top secret information could you give some directions to the 5 palm oasis. I checked the BLM Glamis map and the AAA Imperial Co map and did not find it. I'm heading to Glamis next week to play in the sand and that sounds like a great place for a little diversion

Dick

Hi Les I was just about to ask the same question. I couldnt find the oasis whe I googled it. Please send me directions.

Les,

Looking at your pictures again, i noticed what appears to be a lid for a fuul size weber bbq on your roof basket.
Am I seeing things? Or did you haul a full size weber out campng.....that item is something I wish I could shrink and take with me on every trip....lil' smokey joe works ok, but not like the big boy.

eyes for bbq!

Yes that is a lid for full size weber bbq,But the reason you see it on some of our trips is that in Borrego State Park you are only allowed fires in camp ground fire rings,or if you are remote camping (camping allowed anywhere in Borrego) you must use a metal pan.So what we do is turn lid upside down prop up with rocks and have our fire.then when fire dies sown to coals the wire grill sets on edge of ring and we are ready to bbq!.The only time we take the whole webber is if we are towing the toy trailer.Drive slow and ejoy "its the journey"

Back
Top Bottom