5 North around Harris Ranch today

Tomas Tierra

Contributors
The Wife and kids were driving home from Chico today and saw a pop up camper towing a white box trailer hauling ass, popped up....Anybody we know?? I asked if it was on a tan Dodge, she said no it wasn't Jay.

I 'll have my chance in about 4 hours. Heading to Pasadena for my moms 93rd and then Sacto. Maybe if I weld it shut?

I'm in Alaska right now and yes I forgot to latch the top down. I'm heading to Fairbanks and thinking these Alaskans sure are friendly, they all wave at me. I finely figured it out. I swear I'm getting dumber by the day.

Mike

Maybe FWC can build in a cut-off switch from the top of the camper to the starter. Top must be down or the engine won't start. Or just leave notes on the steering wheel everytime you set up. Based on things I forget frequently, mine would say:

Fridge Locked?
Latches closed?
Vent closed?
Back door closed?

I forget a lot of things. :rolleyes:

I was thinking about an auto latcher operated from the dash, the starter lockout sounds good as well :D

And an auto delatcher might be good so I don't try to open it with only 5 unlatched :mad:

Clearly this is when my OCD tendencies come in handy... two laps around the truck before leaving, touching each latch. Yet somehow I often leave the propane bottle valve open... :unsure:

I've gotten better about checking the latches and the propane. So what do I see when I arrive at the last trip? The vent was open /sigh

This is an interesting thread. It shows that the FWC campers can survive a sustained 75 mph wind with the top up without damage. I've ridden out a few really bad storms in the camper and have always wondered what the limit is before we should consider lowering the top and sleeping on the lower bed.

Back
Top Bottom